Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfernalClaw

is this fps good in Rust?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

im getting on max settings about 70-90 fps most of the times in rust and my friend who has a 1080 ti gets about 100 most of the times on the same settings.

my specs:

GIGABYTE GAMING OC 8G RTX 2080 SUPER

16gb ram ddr4 3000mhz

ryzen 5 3600 oc @4.2ghz (GIGABYTE ATC800 RGB COOLER)

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

CoolerMaster MB520 TG case with 3 front fans and 1 rear fan.

Corsair TX650M PSU

 

 

His specs:

GTX 1080 Ti 

i9 9900k

32gb ram ddr4

 

sorry that i couldnt list all his specs but im pretty sure i should be getting higher fps than him in pretty much all games because i have a more powerful gpu

Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally get around 80-100FPS even when maxed out at 1440p, and that's with a 2070S (about on par with a 1080Ti).

Are you sure whether the overclock on the CPU is fully stable?


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K (w/ TG Hydronaut) | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz CL15 | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | WD Green 2TB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra (w/ TG Hydronaut @ 0.95V) | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout USB-C

Displays: BenQ BL2420PT & Alienware AW2521HF

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | Ducky Shine 7 Gunmetal (Cherry MX Brown) | Sennheiser Game One

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I personally get around 80-100FPS even when maxed out at 1440p, and that's with a 2070S (about on par with a 1080Ti).

Are you sure whether the overclock on the CPU is fully stable?

well ive pretty much done everything with this cpu. cinnebench. gaming. editing. always runs on 4.2ghz and everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I personally get around 80-100FPS even when maxed out at 1440p, and that's with a 2070S (about on par with a 1080Ti).

Are you sure whether the overclock on the CPU is fully stable?

i could try and see how much fps i get on 1440p im pretty sure ill get 80-100 just like you but ill check

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I personally get around 80-100FPS even when maxed out at 1440p, and that's with a 2070S (about on par with a 1080Ti).

Are you sure whether the overclock on the CPU is fully stable?

easily getting 90-100 fps most of the times on 1440p. rare case it would go to like 75 and i think my friend is getting more fps cuz he has a worse gpu therefore it is being utilized more. because i think the worse the gpu the higher it will be utilized to get more fps im not really sure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

easily getting 90-100 fps most of the times on 1440p. rare case it would go to like 75 and i think my friend is getting more fps cuz he has a worse gpu therefore it is being utilized more. because i think the worse the gpu the higher it will be utilized to get more fps im not really sure. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt it. gpus can only output within their capabilities. A lesser gpu isnt going to 'work harder' to try to impress...lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

easily getting 90-100 fps most of the times on 1440p. rare case it would go to like 75 and i think my friend is getting more fps cuz he has a worse gpu therefore it is being utilized more. because i think the worse the gpu the higher it will be utilized to get more fps im not really sure. 

Nah it doesn't work that way.

What resolution do you play at normally?


Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K (w/ TG Hydronaut) | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz CL15 | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | WD Green 2TB | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra (w/ TG Hydronaut @ 0.95V) | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout USB-C

Displays: BenQ BL2420PT & Alienware AW2521HF

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | Ducky Shine 7 Gunmetal (Cherry MX Brown) | Sennheiser Game One

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
24 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Nah it doesn't work that way.

What resolution do you play at normally?

1080p

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
28 minutes ago, steelo said:

I doubt it. gpus can only output within their capabilities. A lesser gpu isnt going to 'work harder' to try to impress...lol

sorry then

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think those fps numbers are pretty low for a 2080 on a 1080p, are you running any background apps that are eating ram?

Maybe try and disable the oc on the cpu and see if it works better.

 

Also can you post temps while you are playing?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

I think those fps numbers are pretty low for a 2080 on a 1080p, are you running any background apps that are eating ram?

Maybe try and disable the oc on the cpu and see if it works better.

 

Also can you post temps while you are playing?

 

temps are 65 on cpu and about the same for gpu. i already tried without oc. i saw alot of pro players getting around the same fps on even lower settings so i think its just the game's optimization

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×