is this fps good in Rust?

Mando772004

im getting on max settings about 70-90 fps most of the times in rust and my friend who has a 1080 ti gets about 100 most of the times on the same settings.

my specs:

GIGABYTE GAMING OC 8G RTX 2080 SUPER

16gb ram ddr4 3000mhz

ryzen 5 3600 oc @4.2ghz (GIGABYTE ATC800 RGB COOLER)

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

CoolerMaster MB520 TG case with 3 front fans and 1 rear fan.

Corsair TX650M PSU

His specs:

GTX 1080 Ti 

i9 9900k

32gb ram ddr4

sorry that i couldnt list all his specs but im pretty sure i should be getting higher fps than him in pretty much all games because i have a more powerful gpu

I personally get around 80-100FPS even when maxed out at 1440p, and that's with a 2070S (about on par with a 1080Ti).

Are you sure whether the overclock on the CPU is fully stable?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

9 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

I personally get around 80-100FPS even when maxed out at 1440p, and that's with a 2070S (about on par with a 1080Ti).

well ive pretty much done everything with this cpu. cinnebench. gaming. editing. always runs on 4.2ghz and everything.

10 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

i could try and see how much fps i get on 1440p im pretty sure ill get 80-100 just like you but ill check

18 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

easily getting 90-100 fps most of the times on 1440p. rare case it would go to like 75 and i think my friend is getting more fps cuz he has a worse gpu therefore it is being utilized more. because i think the worse the gpu the higher it will be utilized to get more fps im not really sure. 

4 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

easily getting 90-100 fps most of the times on 1440p. rare case it would go to like 75 and i think my friend is getting more fps cuz he has a worse gpu therefore it is being utilized more. because i think the worse the gpu the higher it will be utilized to get more fps im not really sure. 

I doubt it. gpus can only output within their capabilities. A lesser gpu isnt going to 'work harder' to try to impress...lol

11 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

Nah it doesn't work that way.

What resolution do you play at normally?

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

24 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

Nah it doesn't work that way.

What resolution do you play at normally?

1080p

28 minutes ago, steelo said:

I doubt it. gpus can only output within their capabilities. A lesser gpu isnt going to 'work harder' to try to impress...lol

sorry then

I think those fps numbers are pretty low for a 2080 on a 1080p, are you running any background apps that are eating ram?

Maybe try and disable the oc on the cpu and see if it works better.

Also can you post temps while you are playing?

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

1 hour ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

I think those fps numbers are pretty low for a 2080 on a 1080p, are you running any background apps that are eating ram?

Maybe try and disable the oc on the cpu and see if it works better.

Also can you post temps while you are playing?

temps are 65 on cpu and about the same for gpu. i already tried without oc. i saw alot of pro players getting around the same fps on even lower settings so i think its just the game's optimization