Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maharshi1234

Ryzen 3 3300X or Ryzen 5 3500 for gaming upto 5 years

Just now, maharshi1234 said:

Suppose if i buy 3300x and buy GPU after 2 years, is 3300x still good for AAA games in 2022? Or i have to buy new processor?

I don't know, that's in the future and we have yet to see.

 

Just now, maharshi1234 said:

Yes i am ready to buy B550 board if it is future proof.

It would have the same upgrade path as B450 motherboards (presumably) so the difference would be some small things that might appeal to you, worth doing some comparing when the motherboards reach the market.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have RX 570.

I have budget for  b450m pro-m2 max and left some money for processor. My two choices within my budget are 3500 and 3300x. I only play games. No editing or multitasking.

Which one should i choose between these two? 

3300x has more single core performance. But only 4 cores.

3500 has 6 cores but low single thread performance.

I saw a reddit post of AMD saying that b450 do support for 4000 series.

Also is this motherboard support for 4000 series? I want to futureproof my motherboard for 5 or more years and i will change my gpu in 2 years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

the 3300x is as fast as a 3500 with 2 cores less so obv the 3300x for the next 5 years i would go for the 3600x tho if u can manage to buy that one 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3300x is equal to the 3600 when it comes to gaming performance, so it's the clear winner.

 

However, B450 and X470 chipsets will not be compatible with Ryzen 4000. You'll need X570, or the new B550. As well, in the big scheme of things, depending on your GPU a 3300x is a lower end system, and I wouldn't have high hopes of high refresh rate gaming for 5 years.


Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: CM ML240R  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

 

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

 

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

which CPU is the cheaper one?

 

this board is really limted in power delivery so I would prefer getting better boards than this


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Statik said:

3300x is equal to the 3600 when it comes to gaming performance, so it's the clear winner.

 

However, B450 and X470 chipsets will not be compatible with Ryzen 4000. You'll need X570, or the new B550. As well, in the big scheme of things, depending on your GPU a 3300x is a lower end system, and I wouldn't have high hopes of high refresh rate gaming for 5 years.

If it is only for 3 years, can i go with 3100? Later i will buy new mobo and 4th or 5th gen after 3 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Jurrunio said:

which CPU is the cheaper one?

 

this board is really limted in power delivery so I would prefer getting better boards than this

If i get a better board, then i will have budget for 3100 or 1600. Is that enough for 3 years?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Jurrunio said:

which CPU is the cheaper one?

Currently cheaper one is 3100 which is 120$, after that both 3500 and 3300x are same price 145$ 146$ both almost same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, xvision1991 said:

AMD Website

 

b450 do somehow support for 4000 series......

am4.png

I saw this this is the reason i am building now. If they donot support, then i would have waited for 4000 series to come and save some money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, maharshi1234 said:

I saw this this is the reason i am building now. If they donot support, then i would have waited for 4000 series to come and save some money.

I don't know, if MSI will give BIOS update on this motherboard.

It is a little bit risky🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, xvision1991 said:

I don't know, if MSI will give BIOS update on this motherboard.

It is a little bit risky🤔

So can i go to Gigabyte A320M and ryzen 3 3100 which will last for 2 years? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, maharshi1234 said:

So can i go to Gigabyte A320M and ryzen 3 3100 which will last for 2 years? 

Which GPU do you have?

For the save way, i will recommend at least Ryzen 5. Sure, Ryzen 3 can play game well, but you need to consider which GPU you use.

For example , Nvidia 2080 TI + Ryzen may not have any sense for me. But Nvidia GTX 1650 + Ryzen 3 would work fine.

 

For the CPU alone, ryzen 3 3100 works at least in your case 2 years for sure

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, xvision1991 said:

Which GPU do you have?

For the save way, i will recommend at least Ryzen 5. Sure, Ryzen 3 can play game well, but you need to consider which GPU you use.

For example , Nvidia 2080 TI + Ryzen may not have any sense for me. But Nvidia GTX 1650 + Ryzen 3 would work fine.

 

For the CPU alone, ryzen 3 3100 works at least in your case 2 years for sure

My GPU is Rx 570 4GB. (after 2 years i will upgrade to mid tier GPU). I now want a cpu and mobo to pair with rx 570 and play at 1080p 60fps. In future games Medium or high settings, Not ultra.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, maharshi1234 said:

I have RX 570.

all of this talk about which CPU to get...  Just get the friggen 3300x and be done with it  Upgrading your GPU (in 2 yrs) like you said is going to be what your rig is going to really rely on for future gaming.   The mother board you picked is a little meh, maybe you could pick up something a little better "used" off of ebay, if price is an issue 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, maharshi1234 said:

If i get a better board, then i will have budget for 3100 or 1600. Is that enough for 3 years?

If that's at most your budget will get you, stick to the Pro M2 and 3300x and forget upgrading the CPU. By the time you've upgraded the graphics card enough to hit CPU bottleneck, it wil be in the 3-5 year range when AM4 is already discontinued.

 

and btw, 3300x does exactly the same things as the 6700k and 7700k, if those are cheaper (unlikely, but you cant even try a 6 core on those that's why it has to be cheaper) then you can just buy those.


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
4 minutes ago, TylerDurden! said:

all of this talk about which CPU to get...  Just get the friggen 3300x and be done with it  Upgrading your GPU (in 2 yrs) like you said is going to be what your rig is going to really rely on for future gaming.   The mother board you picked is a little meh, maybe you could pick up something a little better "used" off of ebay, if price is an issue 

Can you tell me which is the cheapest motherboard i can get for 3300x no overclocking. For upto 2 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

If that's at most your budget will get you, stick to the Pro M2 and 3300x and forget upgrading the CPU. By the time you've upgraded the graphics card enough to hit CPU bottleneck, it wil be in the 3-5 year range when AM4 is already discontinued.

 

and btw, 3300x does exactly the same things as the 6700k and 7700k, if those are cheaper (unlikely) then you can just buy those.

I have seen some A320M motherboards that they support for 3rd gen ryzen and half the price than b450 motherboards. Can i get those for 2 years of gaming? example: https://www.gigabyte.com/in/Motherboard/GA-A320M-HD2-rev-10/support#support-cpu

This motherboard is 50$ and support 3300x.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maharshi1234 said:

I have seen some A320M motherboards that they support for 3rd gen ryzen and half the price than b450 motherboards. Can i get those for 2 years of gaming? example: https://www.gigabyte.com/in/Motherboard/GA-A320M-HD2-rev-10/support#support-cpu

This motherboard is 50$ and support 3300x.

those may need old CPUs to update the BIOS as they never sold enough to have fresh stock with new BIOS from the factory, can you do that?


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Jurrunio said:

those may need old CPUs to update the BIOS as they never sold enough to have fresh stock with new BIOS from the factory, can you do that?

The online store i am buying, they update the BIOS. I can contact them and tell to update BIOS. They open the seal and update the BIOS and ship to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, maharshi1234 said:

The online store i am buying, they update the BIOS. I can contact them and tell to update BIOS. They open the seal and update the BIOS and ship to me.

then sure, just be reminded that it offers nothing more than the essentials


CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Jurrunio said:

then sure, just be reminded that it offers nothing more than the essentials

Thats ok for me because i want the cheapest one which will last for 2 years, After that i will buy complete new set of mid tier gaming build

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Statik said:

3300x is equal to the 3600 when it comes to gaming performance, so it's the clear winner.

 

However, B450 and X470 chipsets will not be compatible with Ryzen 4000. You'll need X570, or the new B550. As well, in the big scheme of things, depending on your GPU a 3300x is a lower end system, and I wouldn't have high hopes of high refresh rate gaming for 5 years.

AMD have said that they are now with a bios update

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

If that's at most your budget will get you, stick to the Pro M2 and 3300x and forget upgrading the CPU. By the time you've upgraded the graphics card enough to hit CPU bottleneck, it wil be in the 3-5 year range when AM4 is already discontinued.

 

and btw, 3300x does exactly the same things as the 6700k and 7700k, if those are cheaper (unlikely, but you cant even try a 6 core on those that's why it has to be cheaper) then you can just buy those.

I truly, want to buy 4th gen directly with new mobo in August or whenever it comes. All i am trying to buy now is someone wants to buy my intel dualcore cpu for 90$ with my old mobo. I cannot get this deal again. But in this sacrifice, i have to get 3rd gen only. 

 

Is 4th gen really good future proof. If that so, then i will say no to sell my cpu for 90$ and i will wait for december and save up a lot of bucks and buy 4th gen. But in sacrifice, no one buys my dual core at that time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maharshi1234 said:

i want the cheapest one

as long as the MB has all of the stuff you need on it, then just get the cheapest one.   I actually have the Gigabyte a320M with a 1600af (snagged for $85) in one of my rigs for one of my daughters.  A little sparse for fan headers and memory, but it works fine, temps stay cool with a r9 380.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, TylerDurden! said:

as long as the MB has all of the stuff you need on it, then just get the cheapest one.   I actually have the Gigabyte a320M with a 1600af (snagged for $85) in one of my rigs for one of my daughters.  A little sparse for fan headers and memory, but it works fine, temps stay cool with a r9 380.

Thanks. So, i will buy A320M for 50$ to pair up my RX 570. As i have (8+4)gb Ram, 2 slots are Ok for me. I can do a little hack to fit all fans, in market there are some converters which will use one Sata power pin from SMPS and it converts to 4 fan slots. Only disadvantage is u cannot control them.

So as i am looking for only 2 years of life, only 60 fps, can i go with 3100? because in my country there is 35$ difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×