Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maverickrohan

iCloud Photos creates duplicate entries in Windows explorer navigation pane

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi Guys, I have not found a good solution to this issue anywhere else. Was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.

Latest version of iCloud for Windows (as on 5/23/2020) creates multiple shortcuts for "iCloud Photos" in the navigation pane on Windows 10. Screenshot attached.

Thanks,

Mav

iCloud Photos 3x navigation pane.png

8 minutes ago, maverickrohan said:

Hi Guys, I have not found a good solution to this issue anywhere else. Was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this.

Latest version of iCloud for Windows (as on 5/23/2020) creates multiple shortcuts for "iCloud Photos" in the navigation pane on Windows 10. Screenshot attached.

I would try uninstalling iCloud, rebooting, then checking to see if the extra entries are gone. If they are, reinstall iCloud and see if they come back or not. After that, I would call Apple since they are responsible for supporting their software, even on a Windows computer.

Desktop: KRySTaLoGi-PC Build Log (i7-4790K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Bell - Unlimited Calling & Texting + 10GB Data
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | HP Touchpad | ASUS ME302C
Camera: Canon SX280 + Rebel T1i (500D) | Sony HDR-AS50R | Panasonic DMC-TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)