Good replacement for Chrome

Any good recommendation of a good replacement for chrome?

Firefox, Opera gx, torch, two edge are out. And the 2 IE too. They simply do not cut it.

I use Firefox. Pretty much everything besides Chrome / Firefox is a waste of hard drive space IMO.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

3 minutes ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Firefox, Opera gx, torch, two edge are out. And the 2 IE too. They simply do not cut it.

opera gx uses chrome, but has a nice touch to it
I would recomend it. (I'm using it)

Chrome is the only good replacement for chrome.

Firefox is ok if you don't need as many extensions or customizability or performance.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 hour ago, the sff pc dude said:

opera gx uses chrome, but has a nice touch to it
I would recomend it. (I'm using it)

I did try it and it is impressive, but at half screen in a number of sites and gmail, it doesn't have horizontal scroll

Screenshot (71)_LI.jpg

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

Chrome is the only good replacement for chrome.

Firefox is ok if you don't need as many extensions or customizability or performance.

Yeah, but when I have too many tabs/chrome window open and lost track to what is what in the task bar since it just show it doesnt show the window any more, Guess can use chrome beta/different path installation. 

7 minutes ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

I did try it and it is impressive, but at half screen in a number of sites and gmail, it doesn't have horizontal scroll

Screenshot (71)_LI.jpg

Yeah, but when I have too many tabs/chrome window open and lost track to what is what in the task bar since it just show it doesnt show the window any more, Guess can use chrome beta/different path installation. 

works perfet for me

22 minutes ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

There are chrome extensions for tab management and other stuff that makes it easier to sue with hundreds of tabs open.

Although if you do care about performance you should try to use bookmarks instead of leaving tabs permanently open.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, the sff pc dude said:

works perfet for me

It deosn't have this side scrooling, but I find that chrome doesnt have it in gmail neither? New gmail update since yesterday? Hmm or was I just didnt notice it was a different horizontal scroll of just the mail maybe. Interesting.

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

There are chrome extensions for tab management and other stuff that makes it easier to sue with hundreds of tabs open.

Although if you do care about performance you should try to use bookmarks instead of leaving tabs permanently open.

I try, but have already too much bookmarks. And some 5 years old I never revisit. 

20 minutes ago, the sff pc dude said:

works perfet for me

3 minutes ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

It deosn't have this side scrooling, but I find that chrome doesnt have it in gmail neither? New gmail update since yesterday? Hmm or was I just didnt notice it was a different horizontal scroll of just the mail maybe. Interesting.

Also, is there a better way to import stuff from chrome? Because not all my stuff and log in  cred are imported. And how do I add more saved log in credential? I tdoesnt have an option, at least I didn't find one. 

13 minutes ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

I try, but have already too much bookmarks. And some 5 years old I never revisit. 

Use bookmark folders, or the built in bookmark manager to organize them.

Do some cleanup.

Or, extensions.

Spoiler

4 hours ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

I use brave. Built in ad blocker and is fast. It also upgrades all connections to HTTPS. I've been using it for a little now and no complaints besides ads on the homepage, but those can be disabled in settings.   

The question is what do you want?

i think chrome is very good is, and perhaps you can find some chromium browser more suitable for you.

other wise TOR is great, but slow.

DuckDuckGo isn't a browser itself but also is pretty good.

As mentioned above there is Brave, but i hate it.

Yahoo but also something i hate.

and then there is Lycos and AOL :D

there's also Safari if you are sadistic enough to get a Mac

20 minutes ago, Lord Szechenyi said:

The question is what do you want?

i think chrome is very good is, and perhaps you can find some chromium browser more suitable for you.

other wise TOR is great, but slow.

DuckDuckGo isn't a browser itself but also is pretty good.

As mentioned above there is Brave, but i hate it.

Yahoo but also something i hate.

and then there is Lycos and AOL :D

there's also Safari if you are sadistic enough to get a Mac

When I have a tons of webpage opens and a launcher(epic or steam) or program open another webpage I often can't find it witout finding it for a while. 

I tried Opera, but have some side scrolling problem and torch, basically a chrome clone and can even log in with google account, but it does associate with my protocol as default app and I cant change that. Tor is basically firefox(PDF and publication and scaling really sucks) and I do have VPN(And I am not yet on santa bad naughty list🙃). 

On another note, I am surprise that AOL still have big shinny HQ and buildings around and their name on them. 

12 hours ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Try either Chromium or Brave 1.0. Brave is a new privacy focused browser built on the Chromium open source project (not to be confused with Google Chrome). Or you could always old school it and try NetScape Navigator LOL.

I moved from Mozilla's Bloatfox to Vivaldi. It is awesome.

1 hour ago, Pachuca said:

Or you could always old school it and try NetScape Navigator LOL.

Try NetSurf!

Write in C.

13 hours ago, Pachuca said:

Try either Chromium or Brave 1.0. Brave is a new privacy focused browser built on the Chromium open source project.. Or you could always old school it and try NetScape Navigator.

11 hours ago, Dat Guy said:

I moved from Mozilla's Bloatfox to Vivaldi. It is awesome.

Try NetSurf!

Never knew chromium itself is a browser, though was just the open source/kernel code package. Also will try Vivaldi sometime, have more option the merry er.

I prefer Chrome over anything else. But I have had good experience with Vivaldi and Brave