0d error when trying to boot dual channel memory

Hi all,

I've recently built a pc which i was running a stock cooler on until my AIO was delivered.

I removed my stock cooler and cpu and cleaned them to find out the aio i ordered was too big for my case, so i put the stock cooler and cpu back in as normal.

After that, when i tried to boot, everything would start up (fans, lights, etc) but there would be an 0d error code and the monitor wouldnt work.

I googled a couple things and found out it could be an issue with my cpu or motherboard pins being bent. I went and checked the cpu pins and all seemed to be fine and my motherboard has a cover over its pins which makes it hard to see if they were bent.

I tried alot of stuff and eventually the pc booted when i took a stick of ram out.Turns out my computer only boots when there are no ram sticks in the DIMMb slots.

I've tried both tightening and making my cooler looser with no effect.

Im assuming this is still a cpu or motherboard issue and i was wondering if i need to get this checked out in a repair shop.

the cpu pins all looked fine to me but i was just using my eyes with no equipment

Could this be another problem? Or is it probably cpu/motherboard issue?

My Specs: 

Msi meg x570 unify mobo

Ryzen 9 3900x cpu

Wraith prism stock cooler

2x 8gb XPG gammix ddr4 3200MHz ram

radeon rx 5700

does it post with both stick not in dual channel? it kinda sounds like a damaged motherboard, but could be ram or cpu.

1 hour ago, bmx6454 said:

does it post with both stick not in dual channel? it kinda sounds like a damaged motherboard, but could be ram or cpu.

Yea it posts with both sticks (at least i think it does, not REALLY sure what post is)

i get error code 0d where the temp log usually is

Hi,

I've got the exact same issue with my MSI Meg X570 Unify that arrived today. I've tried two pairs of RAM but when running dual channel it won't post. They all boot fine on their own and start Windows normally. 

I'm going to RMA it at the store I bought it from. Sounds like it might be the motherboard.