Small pc help

I am having a question to the pc experts, which do you think is better, having a ddr2-1066mhz 2x2 gb with an intel q9400 or having ddr3-1333mhz 2x2 gb with an amd athlon II x2 260

The core 2 is faster despite the memory.

You could justify getting the Athlon with the excuse that you'll upgrade to a Phenom II X6 later in time, but you'd also have to mind the power supply that you're getting with the rig because those CPUs are very power hungry.

Not considering upgrades, a quad core CPU vs a dual core CPU from that era comes out way in favor of the quad core, bar none.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, Fasauceome said:

You could justify getting the Athlon with the excuse that you'll upgrade to a Phenom II X6 later in time, but you'd also have to mind the power supply that you're getting with the rig because those CPUs are very power hungry.

Not considering upgrades, a quad core CPU vs a dual core CPU from that era comes out way in favor of the quad core, bar none.

Then my other question would be, which "cheap" cpu do you recommend (amd) and if possible, with which motherboard do you recommend it. Ty for your answer

7 minutes ago, VideoDino said:

Then my other question would be, which "cheap" cpu do you recommend (amd) and if possible, with which motherboard do you recommend it. Ty for your answer

Cheap is relative, and it really depends on what this CPU is being used for. Although, when looking at older CPUs, specifically around this era, early core i3 and i5 models are usually much better choices all around, so look for dual and quad cores for LGA 1156, and whatever cheap motherboard you can get.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, VideoDino said:

Forgot to mention, I want it for gaming (wanting a config for overwatch mostly)