• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dfsgsfa

stupid question , does these B550 has native wifi

Just now, dfsgsfa said:

ok... so whats that 2 holes on back io?

each one with antenna logo

I'm guessing they're planning to release a wifi-enabled version of the board, so they left a spot for it so they don't have to redo their manufacturing.

3 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

These are for an internal wifi card so that you can attach external antenna to the back of the motherboard for better reception. 

It appears to have an M.2 socket dedicated for WiFi, and page 38 of the manual gives you instructions on how to install a module. However, the board, itself, doesn't come with a preinstalled module.

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Grabhanem said:

they left a spot for it so they don't have to redo their manufacturing

then there will be a m.2 wifi port under rgb heatsink area, which doesnt look spacy enough

3 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

taken right off the website.

Capture.PNG

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200C16 PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD, 1TB Seagate Firecuda SSHD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB Monitor: HP Omen 25 144hz 

It doesn't have any wifi capabilities, those holes are there in case you wanted to install an m.2 pcie card

Main PC:

CPU: i5-8600k@5.0GHz | GPU 1: GTX 1660@2070MHz | GPU 2: GT 710 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480GB & Kingston UV400 120GB |  HDD: 2x 2TB WD Black | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro & Linux Mint 

Server:

Model: HP DL360e Gen 8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2407 | RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1333MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120GB | OS: CentOS 8

Laptop:

Model: MacBook Air Late 2010 | CPU: Core 2 Duo L9600 | RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1066MHz | OS: MacOS Catalina 

1 minute ago, Grabhanem said:

I'm guessing they're planning to release a wifi-enabled version of the board, so they left a spot for it so they don't have to redo their manufacturing.

probably, though the motherboard does support m.2 key e wifi, is it possible that they have it set up so wifi can be routed using those holes instead of the mounts it comes with??