stupid question , does these B550 has native wifi

ok... so whats that 2 holes on back io?

each one with antenna logo

Just now, dfsgsfa said:

I'm guessing they're planning to release a wifi-enabled version of the board, so they left a spot for it so they don't have to redo their manufacturing.

1 minute ago, dfsgsfa said:

So you can install a WiFi module in the E-key M.2 slot and use the holes for the antennas.

3 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

These are for an internal wifi card so that you can attach external antenna to the back of the motherboard for better reception. 

It appears to have an M.2 socket dedicated for WiFi, and page 38 of the manual gives you instructions on how to install a module. However, the board, itself, doesn't come with a preinstalled module.

1 minute ago, Grabhanem said:

they left a spot for it so they don't have to redo their manufacturing

then there will be a m.2 wifi port under rgb heatsink area, which doesnt look spacy enough

3 minutes ago, dfsgsfa said:

taken right off the website.

Capture.PNG

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

It doesn't have any wifi capabilities, those holes are there in case you wanted to install an m.2 pcie card

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: GTX 1660 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480 GB |  HDD: 2x 6 TB WD Red| Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS 650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066 MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120 GB | OS: VMware ESXi 7

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]:

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120 GB | OS: Debian Bullseye

Laptop:

Model: ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 AMD | CPU: Ryzen 7 4700U | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz | OS: Windows 11 Pro

Photography:

Cameras:

Full Frame digital: Sony α7

APS-C digital: Sony α100

Medium Format Film: Kodak Junior SIX-20

35mm Film:

Lenses:

Sony SAL-1870 18-70mm ƒ/3.5-5.6 

Sony SAL-75300 75-300mm ƒ/4.5-5.6

Meike MK-50mm ƒ/1.7

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

1 minute ago, Grabhanem said:

I'm guessing they're planning to release a wifi-enabled version of the board, so they left a spot for it so they don't have to redo their manufacturing.

probably, though the motherboard does support m.2 key e wifi, is it possible that they have it set up so wifi can be routed using those holes instead of the mounts it comes with??

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

i now see it , the 3rd m.2 next to battery