Need suggestion for UPS

Deli

I was given a second handed APC BX700U a couple of years ago. Obviously it is a little too small for my system. So I need suggestion for a decent 700-800w, 1300-1500VA UPS. Budget ~€200. Thanks.

Some lower end UPS don't have user replaceable battery like the BX700U. So would prefer a UPS with replaceable batteries.

What do you want to do with it? The main purpose of those smaller UPS'es is to allow the system to power down normally. Which a 700VA one will do just fine for most machines.

6 minutes ago, Dujith said:

What do you want to do with it? The main purpose of those smaller UPS'es is to allow the system to power down normally. Which a 700VA one will do just fine for most machines.

Yes, but that unit only can only power my PC, NAS and monitor for 3-4 min if the main power is out. 3 to 4 min is a little tight for some work I do to be saved and safely power down the system.

8 hours ago, Deli said:

Yes, but that unit only can only power my PC, NAS and monitor for 3-4 min if the main power is out. 3 to 4 min is a little tight for some work I do to be saved and safely power down the system.

At full load most units will only last a few mins what are you system specs we can better determine what your requirements will be. 

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

At full load most units will only last a few mins what are you system specs we can better determine what your requirements will be. 

The UPS is 390w 700VA. For my PC, NAS and monitor, they can easily draw 200w+ together just doing normal stuffs. That gives me about 3 min to safely shut down my system, I would like to have 6-8 mins to be on safe side.

1 minute ago, Deli said:

The UPS is 390w 700VA. For my PC, NAS and monitor, they can easily draw 200w+ together just doing normal stuffs. That gives me about 3 min to safely shut down my system, I would like to have 6-8 mins to be on safe side.

You have more than enough time at 200W, you can get larger UP's say around 1000VA which will extend your runtime but only marginally. If you are looking for +30 mins you are looking at extended runtime UPS's which cost a lot more. 

https://www.apc.com/products/runtimegraph/runtime_graph.cfm?base_sku=BX700U-MS&chartSize=large

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

You have more than enough time at 200W, you can get larger UP's say around 1000VA which will extend your runtime but only marginally. If you are looking for +30 mins you are looking at extended runtime UPS's which cost a lot more. 

https://www.apc.com/products/runtimegraph/runtime_graph.cfm?base_sku=BX700U-MS&chartSize=large

I probably will use the old UPS just for the NAS. And get a new one for the PC and monitor. May be a 1000VA unit is enough for this purpose.

10 minutes ago, W-L said:

According to the graph. I should be able to get ~8 mins run time. But that manufacturer spec. I test my unit. For sure I'd get 4 mins max before the battery runs out.

21 minutes ago, Deli said:

According to the graph. I should be able to get ~8 mins run time. But that manufacturer spec. I test my unit. For sure I'd get 4 mins max before the battery runs out.

It could be due to the batteries aging but usually they aren't too far off from my experience. A second unit would be ideal especially if you want to configure the unit for safe shutdown on the NAS and PC.