Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jason938

Difference between Coca Cola and Pepsi

2 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

Team cola all the way 

By "Team cola", I think you mean "Team Coke"?

Cola is the generic term for Coke and Pepsi. You just need to look at the official "long" name for both products:

Coca-Cola (Coke)

Pepsi-Cola (Pepsi)

Plus all the generic Cola's out there (your grocery name-brands, your Royal Crown (RC) Cola, etc).

34 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

I can both see and taste a difference. I don't particularly care for either.

You profess to be able to see a difference between Coke and Pepsi? That, I find hard to believe - unless you live in a country outside of North America where there's some kind of regional difference that makes them look significantly different from each other.

Most people would be hard pressed to see a difference between any Cola, generic or name brand.

34 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

However, these answers might be relative to the country one lives in as well, and for Pepsi, possibly the region of the country they live in.

In terms of taste, 100% - there is definitely regional variation. For example, Coke in Canada and the US is pretty similar, but Coke in Mexico is quite a bit different (made with cane sugar, I'm told) - most people say Mexican Coke is way better. but I've never had it.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

11 hours ago, jason938 said:

I have a weird question guys: Do you see any difference in taste between coke and pepsi? I can't feel any difference. I swear, if someone would give me two glasses - one with coke and one with pepsi, I wouldn't figure it out, which one is which one. Anyway, my wife tells me that she can clearly see the difference in taste and she likes coke, but doesn't like pepsi. What about you guys? Do you also see difference?

Only difference is in how fast you will get liver cancer.

CPU   _ i5 9600KF Overcklocked 5.0

MBD  _ Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro

DDR4 _ Corsair Dominator 16GB 3200Mhz

SSD   _Samsung 970 PRO

CPU Cooler _ Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240mm

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Cola is the generic term for Coke and Pepsi. You just need to look at the official "long" name for both products:

Coca-Cola (Coke)

Pepsi-Cola (Pepsi)

Never thought about it this far lmao 😛

My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise your lying 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

Spoiler

Hi

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

In terms of taste, 100% - there is definitely regional variation. For example, Coke in Canada and the US is pretty similar, but Coke in Mexico is quite a bit different (made with cane sugar, I'm told) - most people say Mexican Coke is way better. but I've never had it.

To grow on that, even McDonalds has "different" Coke. They're such a big customer of Coke that both companies go to pretty big lengths to make McD's Coke "taste better." As far as them using a higher syrup content than normal to account for the ice melting. I don't get ice from any dispenser. When was the last time the lines and everything were properly cleaned. Not just running hot water through it, but truly cleaned. Gross. You can taste a difference between McDs coke and coke from a can for sure. McDs, at least here, is a lot sweeter like it needed more water.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/restaurantsandnews/heres-why-the-coke-at-mcdonalds-is-so-good/ar-BBZfttL

https://nypost.com/2017/09/14/why-mcdonalds-coke-tastes-better-than-all-the-other-cokes/

CPU I9-9900k, Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus XI Code, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000mhz (8x4), GPU ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 2070 8GB, Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X, Storage CORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, Seagate BarraCuda 3TB 7200 RPM, PSU CORSAIR RM1000i, Cooling Asus ROG RYUO 240, Displays LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch, 32 inch curved that I can't find the model number for right now, Keyboard Corsair K95, Mouse Corsair Nightblade, Sound AT2020+ USB Mic and Headphones

I don't think even regional difference matter

I tasted both coke and Pepsi in multiple regions and they still taste the same 

My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise your lying 

Spoiler

Hi

1 minute ago, Dirtnapper said:

just dont drink the crap and youll be better off

This study is so important to the future if humanity 

This is incomprehensibly important and has to many scientific studies on 

I don't think you know how important this is 

Spoiler

Hi

21 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

You profess to be able to see a difference between Coke and Pepsi? That, I find hard to believe - unless you live in a country outside of North America where there's some kind of regional difference that makes them look significantly different from each other.

I should clarify that I'm talking about bottled beverages, not fountain beverages.

Pepsi is slightly darker in color, and slightly less bubbly looking than Coca-Cola when both are well chilled to the same temperature.

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

21 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

I should clarify that I'm talking about bottled beverages, not fountain beverages.

I figured you were talking about Bottle or Can - pre-packaged.

There are far too many variations in Fountain Pop - even among the same chain - for there to be consistent comparisons.

21 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Pepsi is slightly darker in color, and slightly less bubbly looking than Coca-Cola when both are well chilled to the same temperature.

Interesting note. I'll have to compare them next time I have the chance. I'd be surprised if the difference was that noticeable.

Carbonation levels could certainly allow for more or less "bubbly" looking.

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

This is the best thread that I have seen in my life 

Spoiler

Hi

How can you not taste the difference?

Desktop: 7700k @ stock, 32gb ddr4 @ 3000, 1080Ti, Maximus IX Hero.

Laptop 1: Asus Zephyrus 701 - i7-9750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 2070 RTX

Laptop 2: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

Just now, Andreas Lilja said:

How can you not taste the difference?

They are literally the same thing to so many people including me lol

Spoiler

Hi

50 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Most people would be hard pressed to see a difference between any Cola, generic or name brand.

When I used to drink POP I could tell a diffrence. Coke to me was always more acidic tasting. While Pepsi was way to sweet. Thought I was more of a Faygo guy myself and even its cola tasted worlds diffrent than Coke and Pepsi. Its kinda like the diffrence between Barqs Root beer and A&W root beer. 

Coke takes tarnish off old silerware. Good for cocktails too.

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

Coca-Cola (Coke)

Pepsi-Cola (Pepsi)

Plus all the generic Cola's out there (your grocery name-brands, your Royal Crown (RC) Cola, etc).

That is actually different per region. In the Netherlands most people call Coca-Cola as "Cola". Pepsi is just called Pepsi - it says so on the bottle/can too.

I've personally never had Pepsi, so I can't say anything about that. I also don't often drink Cola. I do know that there can indeed be differences per region, due to possible differences in the bottling process or recipe. :)

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

56 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

They are literally the same thing to so many people including me lol

Book the tongue doctor. 😀

Desktop: 7700k @ stock, 32gb ddr4 @ 3000, 1080Ti, Maximus IX Hero.

Laptop 1: Asus Zephyrus 701 - i7-9750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 2070 RTX

Laptop 2: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 hours ago, _DeXTeR_ said:

Only difference is in how fast you will get liver cancer.

Being alive can cause cancer too, as long as you aren't drinking gallons of the stuff a day and replacing water with it, it doesn't really matter. Personally I prefer Diet Coke, regular tastes too sweet and sugary for my taste, diet pepsi on the other hand is not a diet cola, it is diet crap. 

Just remember, everything in moderation.

Pepsi is generally sweeter than coke, and there are some ingredients that impact the flavor too.   Personally, I drink the zero sugar versions of them and Mt. Dew.   Diet soda has more of a strong nasty chemical taste to it.   Like, I'll drink it yet I dont enjoy it.   I'm not super picky with cola, but if I wanna go overkill then I'll drink Jolt when I can actually find it.

Bloodshed and the Fenris-Wolf:

| CPU:  Ryzen 9 3900x | CPU Cooler:  Dark Rock Pro 4 | Paste:  Kryonaut | Motherboard:  ASUS ROG x570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 | Boot Drive:  Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME | Storage Drives:  Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2-2280+Western Digital WD Blue 2 TB 2.5"+Toshiba N300 8 TB 3.5" 7200RPM+Toshiba X300 4 TB 3.5" | GPU:  ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP Extreme Core | Case:  Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB | PSU:  EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply w/CableMod E-Series Cable Kit (Black/Red) | Case Fans:  2 Corsair SP140 49.49 CFM 140 mm Fans | Displays:  BenQ PD2700U 27.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz+Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ 27.0" 2560x1440 165 Hz+MSI Optix MAG322CR 31.5" 1920x1080 180 Hz | Mouse:  Corsair M65 RGB ELITE | Keyboard:  Ducky Shine 7 Blackout - MK Exclusive First Release - RGB LED Double Shot PBT Mechanical Keyboard with Silent Red Switches | Mousepad:  Gaya Entertainment Oversized Gaming Mousepad Doom | Audio:  AKG K712 PRO Headphones+Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone+Kingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel Headset+iBasso IT01 Dynamic Driver Audiophile In-Ear Monitors/Earbuds (Black)+Pair of Mackie MR624s(came with stands+isolation pads) | OS:  Windows 10 Pro |

Bifröst(ROG Zephyrus M GU502):

| CPU:  i7-9750h | RAM:  32GB Dual Channel 2666mhz CL 19(Stock+Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-21300, 2666MHZ, 260 PIN SODIMM, 1.2V, CL 19 ) | Storage:  1TB SSD with Optane | GPU:  Nvidia RTX 2060 | Display:  144hz 3ms | Mouse:  Corsair M65 Pro |

5 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Interesting note. I'll have to compare them next time I have the chance. I'd be surprised if the difference was that noticeable.

Let me know if you come to the same conclusion. AFAIK no one has really taken the time to really care if Coke and Pepsi look different before.

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati

49 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Let me know if you come to the same conclusion. AFAIK no one has really taken the time to really care if Coke and Pepsi look different before.

True enough 

Spoiler

4 hours ago, js23 said:

Being alive can cause cancer too, as long as you aren't drinking gallons of the stuff a day and replacing water with it, it doesn't really matter. Personally I prefer Diet Coke, regular tastes too sweet and sugary for my taste, diet pepsi on the other hand is not a diet cola, it is diet crap. 

Just remember, everything in moderation.

I’m so bad at moderation with Pepsi. I’ve often drunken one 1.5l bottle in a day. Silly four bottles for $5 deal. 

17 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Two differences.

Pepsi is nicer.

Pepsi is cheaper.

Pepsi doesn’t leave the weird feeling on my teeth, it has a distinctive sweeter flavor, Coke is my favorite for some reason, but Pepsi is better than coke.

-it’s scuff Gang btw, I hated the name and needed a change
Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx580 @1.45ghz mem=2100mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 @3800mhz

mobo: Asus b450f

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Personally, I drink the zero sugar versions of them and Mt. Dew.   Diet soda has more of a strong nasty chemical taste to it.

I used to hate diet sodas, but I saw this soda on saw at Safeway called “tab” and that’s my username on steam and all this, so I figured I gave it a try, figured out it was a diet soda with a cancerous sugar alternative (Literally has been proven to cause cancer) but I kept drinking it because I was pretty broke at the times and didn’t have the heart to throw it away, so I drank it all, hated it at first but when I got to the last of the 24 pack I started liking it and have been drinking That cancer water too this day.

-it’s scuff Gang btw, I hated the name and needed a change
Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx580 @1.45ghz mem=2100mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 @3800mhz

mobo: Asus b450f

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Coke is the best because I can bribe my kids with it.

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770