Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jason938

Difference between Coca Cola and Pepsi

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a weird question guys: Do you see any difference in taste between coke and pepsi? I can't feel any difference. I swear, if someone would give me two glasses - one with coke and one with pepsi, I wouldn't figure it out, which one is which one. Anyway, my wife tells me that she can clearly see the difference in taste and she likes coke, but doesn't like pepsi. What about you guys? Do you also see difference?

I can't see a difference, but I can taste a difference.

Coke is quite a bit more savory than Pepsi, especially in the aftertaste, while Pepsi is sweeter than Coke.

My life is quite honestly too short to have a preference. Both are fine as brown sugar water goes.

I will say that this can depend on your region, as there can be variations made the recipes in order to fit local tastes. At least that has been my experience traveling around.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Two differences.

Pepsi is nicer.

Pepsi is cheaper.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

pepsi max is much better tna diet coke.

pepsi max is more soft? and a little bit sweeter.

but i loke the normal coke more than normal pepsi

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.       USA partpicker lists for different budgets:Partpicker (1).pdf

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NJ6kzN

Read this: 

Partpicker (1).pdf

1 hour ago, jason938 said:

I have a weird question guys: Do you see any difference in taste between coke and pepsi? I can't feel any difference. I swear, if someone would give me two glasses - one with coke and one with pepsi, I wouldn't figure it out, which one is which one. Anyway, my wife tells me that she can clearly see the difference in taste and she likes coke, but doesn't like pepsi. What about you guys? Do you also see difference?

Coke tastes like it has more syrup in it, Pepsi more sugar. Red Bull Organics Cola is better than both though.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 hour ago, Volbet said:

I can't see a difference, but I can taste a difference.

Coke is quite a bit more savory than Pepsi, especially in the after taste, while Pepsi is sweeter than Coke.

My life is quite honestly too short to have a preference. Both are fine as brown sugar water goes.

I will say that this can depend on your region, as there can be variations made the recipes in order to fit local tastes. At least that has been my experience traveling around.

Well, in Malaysia at least, Coca-cola is sweeter than Pepsi-cola. My sister like Pepsi, but I like Coke, and usually there will always be a dispute on which restaurants to visit because almost all restaurants don't sell these 2 brand at the same time. This even happens to some extent, such as cinema.

Anyway, I'm not very fond of Pepsi is because it is more stinging than coke, and I'm not very fond of coke because it taste too sweet. Since I'm a diabetic, I can only take Coke Light or Coke Zero or Pepsi Max only. I don't know how the original taste like.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jason938 said:

It's either I'm dumb or something but never in my life did I notice a difference between these two drinks 

Edited by TofuHaroto

My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise your lying 

@TofuHaroto so I can see your post 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

Spoiler

Hi

pepsi black tastes way better than coke zero

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

They're different in their own ways, I couldn't really compare them I think. I could have either and I would still be content. I usually go for Pepsi if I have a choice because it's cheaper

b  r  u  h

Pepsi is good, Coca Cola is shit. That's the big difference.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Pepsi is good, Coca Cola is shit. That's the big difference.

Really ?! I think it's the opposite 😛

My favorite case is the mechify c and it is the best case and if you say otherwise your lying 

Spoiler

Hi

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

Really ?! I think it's the opposite 😛

Both are mediocre (fruity sodas are the best) but if I had to choose, Pepsi is better.

Also seems to be cheaper, which is always nice.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and two Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Northgate Omnikey Ultra Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL with stitched edge Headset:  Sennheiser HD598SE

I like old-ass keyboards, Volvos, Thinkpads, and fountain pens.

6 hours ago, jason938 said:

Physically basically all cola looks the same - a deep dark caramel colour.

Taste wise, yes Coca-Cola and Pepsi have quite distinct tastes. They are both excellent - I'm not some Coke snob or Pepsi fanatic, I love them both.

But I guarantee I could tell the difference and pick out which was which in a blind taste test.

I will however say that Pepsi Fountain Pop is amazing and is definitely better than Coke Fountain Pop. Otherwise, I typically drink Coke out of the Can or Bottle.

For Sale - iPhone SE 32GB - Unlocked - Rose GoldSold

Spoiler

* Intel i7-4770K * ASRock Z97 Anniversary * 16GB RAM * 750w Seasonic Modular PSU *

* Crucial M4 128GB SSD (Primary) * Hitachi 500GB HDD (Secondary) *

* Gigabyte HD 7950 WF3 * SATA Blu-Ray Writer * Logitech g710+ * Windows 10 Pro x64 *

3 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Both are mediocre (fruity sodas are the best) but if I had to choose, Pepsi is better.

Also seems to be cheaper, which is always nice.

Oh where I live Pepsi for some reason is like 30% more expensive

And when I drink Pepsi I feel sick unlike cola 

Spoiler

Hi

5 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

Well, in Malaysia at least, Coca-cola is sweeter than Pepsi-cola. My sister like Pepsi, but I like Coke, and usually there will always be a dispute on which restaurants to visit because almost all restaurants don't sell these 2 brand at the same time. This even happens to some extent, such as cinema.

Anyway, I'm not very fond of Pepsi is because it is more stinging than coke, and I'm not very fond of coke because it taste too sweet. Since I'm a diabetic, I can only take Coke Light or Coke Zero or Pepsi Max only. I don't know how the original taste like.

hello fellow countryperson XD  

imo the Pepsi here has more gas then coke ,  which makes it kinda feel better ..  also while we`re xstill on the topic , anyone still remember the blind taste test that Pepsi used to have damn long ago ? 

Team cola all the way 

Spoiler

Hi

Coke is better for tons of reasons and uses.

Cleaning my cars battery terminals is one I can think of ;)

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

Pepsi tastes like a watered down version of Coca Cola imo.

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080S VENTUS 8G Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: 80+ Gold Certified 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 Monitor: Dell S2716DGR Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Phone: iPhone 11 64GB Black

I found out that Pepsi Max (sugar free version of Pepsi) actually tastes the best of all sugar free cola drinks. All others, including CocaCola Zero have that slight metallic artificial sweeteners aftertaste. I never considered Pepsi in general, but once my dad bought some and I love it ever since.

There's a big difference in taste imo. Pepsi is alright, but I'd much rather drink Coca Cola.

Coca Cola tastes much better than Pepsi to me. I'm not sure why though, because I can't taste anything other than sugar whenever I drink them (talking about both pepsi and coca cola). 

I don't like them that much in the first place tbh, it's like drinking sugary carbonated water, so basically like drinking sugary tv static.

Группа крови - на рукаве
Мой порядковый номер - на рукаве

My PC:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4460

Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-HD3

RAM: 8GB AMD DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 2GB

Case: In Win Mana 136

Storage: Crucial MX500 250GB + WD Blue 1TB

PSU: Corsair CX450M

Monitor: Blaupunkt 32" TV + Samsung S24D590L 

Cooling: Knockoff of an Intel stock cooler

Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M500 (Cherry MX Red, UK layout)

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB

My phone:

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (N960F)

CPU: Samsung Exynos 9810

RAM: 6GB

GPU: Mali-G72 MP18

Storage: 128GB internal storage + 128GB Samsung microSD card

My laptop:

Spoiler

Acer Nitro 5

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2500U

RAM: 8GB DDR4

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 560X

Storage: 1TB HDD

Pepsi is a lot stronger the Coca Cola. I prefer Pepsi because stronger means I drink less of it

Please tag me @Windows9 so I can see your reply

9 hours ago, jason938 said:

What about you guys? Do you also see difference?

I can both see and taste a difference. I don't particularly care for either.

However, these answers might be relative to the country one lives in as well, and for Pepsi, possibly the region of the country they live in.

I will never succumb to the New Cult and I reject the leadership of @Aelar_Nailo and his wicked parrot armies led by @FakeCIA and @DildorTheDecent. I will keep my eyes pure and remain dedicated to the path of the One True; IlLinusNati