Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DewisLavid

CPU choice

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, i am looking for an upgrade on my CPU and Motherboard. At the moment I have a gtx 1070  paired with a i5 7400 and 16gb of ram, I mainly use my PC for gaming (playing call of duty modern warfare currently) I have been recommended the Ryzen 5 3600 and 3600x and was wondering if the performance difference was worth the extra £50

 

I have a budget of about £350-£400 for a motherboard, CPU and power supply has anyone got any other recommendations?

Link to post
Share on other sites

you could go with stock cooler, but the stock cooler is pretty loud.


|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.       USA partpicker lists for different budgets:Partpicker (1).pdf

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NJ6kzN

Read this: 

 

 

 

 

 

 Partpicker (1).pdf

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the 50 quid difference you're talking about is between the 3600 and 3600X, then no, they're basically the same CPUs. The 3600X might boost slightly higher out of the box, but mostly because it's got a better included cooler. When you put the same cooler on both though, they'll be equivalent in terms of performance.


DesktopIntel Core i9-9900K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS Strix Z390-F | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 16GB 3000MHz CL15 | Intel 660p 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Western Digital Green 2TB | Corsair RM650x | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout USB-C

Peripherals: Steelseries Rival 600 & Logitech MX Master 3 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate (Cherry MX Blue) | Sennheiser Game One | BenQ BL2420PT

Laptop:  Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2018 - i5-8259U | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

If the 50 quid difference you're talking about is between the 3600 and 3600X, then no, they're basically the same CPUs. The 3600X might boost slightly higher out of the box, but mostly because it's got a better included cooler. When you put the same cooler on both though, they'll be equivalent in terms of performance.

Ok, I will look into purchasing this soon, thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DewisLavid said:

Ok, I will look into purchasing this soon, thank you.

If I were you, I'd wait at least a week and get a B550 board. They'll be a notable upgrade and you'll get much better Zen 3 support and PCIe 4.0

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, 5x5 said:

If I were you, I'd wait at least a week and get a B550 board. They'll be a notable upgrade and you'll get much better Zen 3 support and PCIe 4.0

Do you know what the price difference will be?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DewisLavid said:

Do you know what the price difference will be?

Minimal. It's a direct replacement of B450

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DewisLavid said:

Hi, i am looking for an upgrade on my CPU and Motherboard. At the moment I have a gtx 1070  paired with a i5 7400 and 16gb of ram, I mainly use my PC for gaming (playing call of duty modern warfare currently) I have been recommended the Ryzen 5 3600 and 3600x and was wondering if the performance difference was worth the extra £50

 

I have a budget of about £350-£400 for a motherboard, CPU and power supply has anyone got any other recommendations?

It is worth to upgrade to ryzen 5 3600 and msi tomhawk would be nice with a 700w corsair psu

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×