Help with screw identification pls

Greatestfoe

Hi. I’m building my first pc (obviously) and I bought most the parts awhile back. After a nightmare of getting the first boot I think I have it ready for case. I’m wondering if these (picture below) are the motherboard screws. There’s 6 little bags of different screws maybe I can get some help later with those. 

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, harryk said:

Those screws are for mounting fans. They are coarse self-tapping screws meant for use in plastic. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_case_screws

I agree with harryk on this one. I've used those screws for case fans and according to my case's owners manual, that is what those screws in the pictures are. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

20 hours ago, Greatestfoe said:

Hi. I’m building my first pc (obviously) and I bought most the parts awhile back. After a nightmare of getting the first boot I think I have it ready for case. I’m wondering if these (picture below) are the motherboard screws. There’s 6 little bags of different screws maybe I can get some help later with those. 

image.jpg

Most chassis come assembled. Check the manual.

The only part that this resembles to me is the power supply mount, but look for additional holes in the chassis, sometimes parts are for optional equipment like fans RGB mounts, and so forth.

3 hours ago, Kisai said:

Most chassis come assembled. Check the manual.

The only part that this resembles to me is the power supply mount, but look for additional holes in the chassis, sometimes parts are for optional equipment like fans RGB mounts, and so forth.

Those are too fat and aggressive for a psu, 

as said above, those are fan screws.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

6 hours ago, scuff gang said:

Those are too fat and aggressive for a psu, 

as said above, those are fan screws.

For which though?  The last two chassis I have, the fans were already mounted in the chassis, and when I replaced them, the screws were a completely different length (27mm) and thickness.

5 hours ago, Kisai said:

The last two chassis I have, the fans were already mounted in the chassis, and when I replaced them, the screws were a completely different length (27mm) and thickness.

That could be specific to the fan, a lot of cases don’t come with fans installed, I assume those longer screws were for an aio.

Spoiler

Aio screw

image.jpeg.0c52858f2b880b646404996c1e927fe5.jpeg

Spoiler

Fan screw

image.jpeg.1cbbef8df00ca87ff1c1dd5e5a7fbc21.jpegI

Spoiler

Psu screw

image.jpeg.87b8d5424debcf8fd11fa993573a045c.jpeg

So the main difference between these is that fan screw is self tapping, so it can dig into the fan material and hold it into place.

the aio screw is long and not self tapping, so I can reach through the fan and screw into the threads on the aio.

the psu screw is short and not self tapping so that it can just reach through the chassis into the threaded holes of the psu.

the screw in the ops image is self tapping and has a flat head, I’m 99% sure it’s a fan screw.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6