Can someone explain Radeon software?

Coming from Nvidia, where things are more aesthetic more pleasing and easy to use. They don't go overboard with cleanness but are nice. Been looking to switch it up a bit and looked into Radeon cards, but there sofware is just heck of confusing. I have been looking around a bit, but never found a total explanation of all them.

Can someone explain there software and the difference between them. Radeon settings, Radeon Adrenaline, Radeon catalyst, radeon gaming evolved, Radeon crimson. And there relation to one another and if possible provide a timeline of them. 

Radeon Settings is the modern equivalent of Nvidia control panel. The AMD one simply has a much better and faster UI as it's not from the Windows XP era like Nvidia CP. Adrenaline is the current driver version. Crimson is the older driver version. Catalyst is the old control centre. Gaming Evolved is the same crap like GeForce Experience. Something you uninstall. It's very simple really. You get the latest adrenaline driver and use Radeon Settings to tune some settings for display and card. Takes a total of 5 minutes and then you never touch then again. Just like Nvidia. Only difference is that it doesn't have a 2002 inspired UI

2 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Radeon Settings is the modern equivalent of Nvidia control panel. The AMD one simply has a much better and faster UI as it's not from the Windows XP era like Nvidia CP. Adrenaline is the current driver version. Crimson is the older driver version. Catalyst is the old control centre. Gaming Evolved is the same crap like GeForce Experience. Something you uninstall. It's very simple really. You get the latest adrenaline driver and use Radeon Settings to tune some settings for display and card. Takes a total of 5 minutes and then you never touch then again. Just like Nvidia. Only difference is that it doesn't have a 2002 inspired UI

Are Setting and Adrenaline the same thing/merged together? Does gaming evolved still exist?  I actually have found an Low powered APU notebook around setting in the closet never really used by me and played a bit with radeon setting, still confused a bit.

4 hours ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Because Geforce Experience and CP is what I consider two complete different thing. @5x5

GeForce and Gaming Evolved both exist and both should be removed asap.

Adrenaline is just a driver name. Like AGESA for the CPU microcode. Radeon Settings is the only thing you'll have to interact with

I did play on it a bit, basically Adrenaline and setting/software are the same thing, really AMD have confusing name and inconsistencies that cause lots of confusing here. I get it, it's kind of geforce driver, thought should go same name AMD. Was a pain in the but to install. The installer do not install, google search result in previous model of the software as it is officially called but no where to be seen on the software itself. Have to painstakingly go through product selection and install and reboot. It wasn't but at all, but still prefer it somehow to be more clean and better UI, and separate from control so have less bloated selections. I quite like Geforce experience. Simple capture just for when needed and way better thean the crappy Xbox Game bar.