STOCK COOLER??

so im building a new pc with a Ryzen 7 3700x or a 3800x and i cant decide on a CPU cooler. is the cooler thats included good enough for either of these CPU's or should i get a different one? also if i should get a different cooler what is a good cooler i should get? if i buy a new cooler i would typically want an AIO

Good enough? yes, but don't expect perfect boost clocks
Also you could experience some crashes if other parts of your system run too fast or host, but that's very rare. You could add a cooler later if you feel that you need to get the full performance later as well.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

The basic principle with stock coolers is that they are there to simply provide just "enough" cooling to not damage the computer and to keep it semi stable. Obviously, if you're trying to rip hard on the computer a thermal paste refresh (with higher quality grease) or just an aftermarket cooler will benefit greatly if you're redlining.

2 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Good enough? yes, but don't expect perfect boost clocks
Also you could experience some crashes if other parts of your system run too fast or host, but that's very rare. You could add a cooler later if you feel that you need to get the full performance later as well.

is there a AIO cooler or anything else that you might recommend that would perform better??

1 minute ago, Najila42 said:

The basic principle with stock coolers is that they are there to simply provide just "enough" cooling to not damage the computer and to keep it semi stable. Obviously, if you're trying to rip hard on the computer a thermal paste refresh (with higher quality grease) or just an aftermarket cooler will benefit greatly if you're redlining.

is there a AIO cooler or anything else that you might recommend that would perform better??

Yes it's "Good enough" so are all stock cooler. But boost clocks may not be as good. Aio vs tower coolers is going to depend on your case. 

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

Yes it's "Good enough" so are all stock cooler. But boost clocks may not be as good. Aio vs tower coolers is going to depend on your case. 

im using a nzxt H510i for my case. do you have any recommendations 

13 minutes ago, isaac1210 said:

im using a nzxt H510i for my case. do you have any recommendations 

Dark Rock Slim. Really, the stock cooler is fine for the 3700X. It's the same cooler that is used on the 3900X which has 4 extra cores and even that doesn't have issues. I'd you don't mind a bit more fan noise, just use the stock cooler. I have no idea what people are talking about when they say semi stable. There is no such thing in PC hardware. Either it works, which it does,or it doesn't. There is no middle ground. As we stand,the stock R7 cooler is good. You'll get near max boost and decent temps. Just don't expect miracles.

34 minutes ago, isaac1210 said:

Corsair's offerings are by and large the most popular AIOs.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Just now, MegaDave91 said:

Corsair's offerings are by and large the most popular AIOs.

Also totally unnecessary as a cheaper air cooler gets pretty much the same results without any point of failure such as pump, radiator, tubing or fittings 

28 minutes ago, isaac1210 said:

any cooler will perform better, it's just that the stock cooler still works

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

1 minute ago, Jumballi said:

any cooler will perform better, it's just that the stock cooler still works

Well, not any 😅😅. Quite a few cheaper models will be notably worse than the Wraith Prism

7 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Also totally unnecessary as a cheaper air cooler gets pretty much the same results without any point of failure such as pump, radiator, tubing or fittings 

Depends on  the aesthetic OP desires. Of course there are points of failure, but that's just inevitable.  

I have an NHD14 from several years ago but opt for using the NZXT Kraken X61 for aesthetic purposes. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

The stock cooler is adequate. You can use it first and decide on whether or not to replace it depending on your satisfaction.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 hours ago, isaac1210 said:

The stick cooler is good enough, AMD make really good stock coolers

Please tag me @Windows9 so I can see your reply