Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
idan1503

Split RGB Header to 2 Fan Hubs

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello,

I'm planning on upgrading my pc after almost 10 years of it not being upgraded, I already chose all the parts but I run into a problem that I couldn't find an answer to.

My Mobo has 1 ARGB header and I'll use a case that has a built in ARGB cable and fan hub for it's lighting (Antec NX1000), and also comes with an ARGB fan, I'm also buying a 3 in 1 ARGB fan pack that also comes with a fan hub (Antec 3+2+C).

The case has a built fan hub apart from the one that comes in the 3 in 1 pack, and my plan is to connect the 4 fans and case to one of those hubs, but thought what if I would to add more fans in the future, for that I have to use the second fan hub (1 has 6 ARGB headers and 1 has 5 headers), but don't know if that will work, is it possible to connect 2 fan hubs to one ARGB header?

My plan is to split the header to the 2 fan hubs that are powered by SATA.

(Antec is wildly available and cheap in my country while other brands are very expensive here).

Parts:

Antec NX1000 (1 ARGB fan and ARGB fan included)

Antec 3+2+C

Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO

6 hours ago, idan1503 said:

Hello,

I'm planning on upgrading my pc after almost 10 years of it not being upgraded, I already chose all the parts but I run into a problem that I couldn't find an answer to.

My Mobo has 1 ARGB header and I'll use a case that has a built in ARGB cable and fan hub for it's lighting (Antec NX1000), and also comes with an ARGB fan, I'm also buying a 3 in 1 ARGB fan pack that also comes with a fan hub (Antec 3+2+C).

The case has a built fan hub apart from the one that comes in the 3 in 1 pack, and my plan is to connect the 4 fans and case to one of those hubs, but thought what if I would to add more fans in the future, for that I have to use the second fan hub (1 has 6 ARGB headers and 1 has 5 headers), but don't know if that will work, is it possible to connect 2 fan hubs to one ARGB header?

My plan is to split the header to the 2 fan hubs that are powered by SATA.

(Antec is wildly available and cheap in my country while other brands are very expensive here).

Parts:

Antec NX1000 (1 ARGB fan and ARGB fan included)

Antec 3+2+C

Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO

well the Antec NX1000 can handle 6 fans all ready? can you even fit more then 6 fans in that case?

thing to note is the argb header can only do max 3amps so if the controllers have there own power then there no problem using a spliter.