Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InfernalClaw

Is my PC underperforming?

Posted · Original PosterOP

RTX 2080 SUPER stock speeds

Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2ghz on all cores and cooled with a GIGABYTE ATC800

16gb ram ddr4 3000mhz

So i recently got this build and i tried red dead redemption 2 on max settings and i get like 50-60 frames most of the times and idk why. all benchmarks on youtube are showing 70-90 fps. Now most of them have OC their cards so their cards are running at 2055mhz core and about 8500 memory and they have better cpu's but im not sure if that makes that big of a difference especially in a gpu intensive game like rdr2. i even tried to oc +80 on core and +800 on memory and i didnt notice that much fps gain and i running at 2010mhz on core and 8300 on memory. Am i underperforming or is it just my slower cpu and slower gpu clocks that are making people on youtube with a 2080 super run on about 20+ fps than me?

Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, InfernalClaw said:

RTX 2080 SUPER stock speeds

Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2ghz on all cores and cooled with a GIGABYTE ATC800

16gb ram ddr4 3000mhz

So i recently got this build and i tried red dead redemption 2 on max settings and i get like 50-60 frames most of the times and idk why. all benchmarks on youtube are showing 70-90 fps. Now most of them have OC their cards so their cards are running at 2055mhz core and about 8500 memory and they have better cpu's but im not sure if that makes that big of a difference especially in a gpu intensive game like rdr2. i even tried to oc +80 on core and +800 on memory and i didnt notice that much fps gain and i running at 2010mhz on core and 8300 on memory. Am i underperforming or is it just my slower cpu and slower gpu clocks that are making people on youtube with a 2080 super run on about 20+ fps than me?

Thanks in advance!

try to oc the gpu even more. and then chekc temps of that cpu and try to oc it aswell. enable PBO in bios

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.       USA partpicker lists for different budgets:Partpicker (1).pdf

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NJ6kzN

Read this: 

Partpicker (1).pdf

Can you do any benchmarks from 3dmark or something like R6S and maybe I can compare my fps to yours, i don't have that setup but I do have a 3700x and an RTX 2070 super

1 minute ago, SavageNeo said:

try to oc the gpu even more. and then chekc temps of that cpu and try to oc it aswell. enable PBO in bios

well if i enable pbo for some reason it doesnt run on 4.2ghz idk why i had to disable it then go to manual oc and set it to 4.2ghz myself and the temps r great like 65 while gaming on the cpu and 70 on the gpu. can u suggest me a good oc?

1 minute ago, Khoomn said:

Can you do any benchmarks from 3dmark or something like R6S and maybe I can compare my fps to yours, i don't have that setup but I do have a 3700x and an RTX 2070 super

sure i have r6s ill do it right now. ill do it on everything set to the max setting except AA ill turn that off

In r6s im not underperforming i checked on yt so im guessing im underperforming in rdr2 because of how unoptimized it is