Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AleksiDj73

GTA V Online - Barely hitting 60 FPS whereas in Story, easily hits 60

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone, first of all, English is not my mother tongue so i hope you understand what i say. For the past 3 days, i've been playing GTA V Online and i've noticed that in Online, the game barely hits 60 FPS, it's in the range of 30-50, whereas in Story Mode, it easily hits 60FPS and sometimes 65 with a few drops to 40 and back up to 60. I always use MSI Afterburner while in-game for temps, usages etc. and i see most of the times, my GPU does not hit 80% usage in Online, i see that it runs around 35% usage and about 1200MHz clock speed, i've see it couple of times run at 75-90% at 1823MHz (which that's where the GPU should be at all times) but the majority of times it's 35% usage and 1200MHz clock speed. Now in Story Mode it runs quite smoothly, the perfomance in Story is nowhere near as Online. Most of my settings are Normal, and like 2-3 settings High but nothing too crazy. Also i've never seen in Story Mode my GPU usage and clock speed as Online (35% and 1200MHz), maybe it's because there are too many players playing? or something else. It's something with GTA V Online for sure. Thank you

 

Specs:

 

• Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
• CPU - Intel Core I5-750 2.80ghz
• Graphics Card - Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4GB (Not OC'ed)
• RAM - Corsair 12GB DDR3 1333mhz
• SSD - Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Hello everyone, first of all, English is not my mother tongue so i hope you understand what i say. For the past 3 days, i've been playing GTA V Online and i've noticed that in Online, the game barely hits 60 FPS, it's in the range of 30-50, whereas in Story Mode, it easily hits 60FPS and sometimes 65 with a few drops to 40 and back up to 60. I always use MSI Afterburner while in-game for temps, usages etc. and i see most of the times, my GPU does not hit 80% usage in Online, i see that it runs around 35% usage and about 1200MHz clock speed, i've see it couple of times run at 75-90% at 1823MHz (which that's where the GPU should be at all times) but the majority of times it's 35% usage and 1200MHz clock speed. Now in Story Mode it runs quite smoothly, the perfomance in Story is nowhere near as Online. Most of my settings are Normal, and like 2-3 settings High but nothing too crazy. Also i've never seen in Story Mode my GPU usage and clock speed as Online (35% and 1200MHz), maybe it's because there are too many players playing? or something else. It's something with GTA V Online for sure. Thank you

 

Specs:

 

• Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
• CPU - Intel Core I5-750 2.80ghz
• Graphics Card - Gigabyte GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4GB (Not OC'ed)
• RAM - Corsair 12GB DDR3 1333mhz
• SSD - Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB

Yeah, try going invite only because online is way more intensive than story more players more items etc, i have a gtx 1060 3gb and a intel core i5-8400 and it barely handles gta online full lobbys i have to do empty ones to reach 60


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Kanna said:

Yeah, try going invite only because online is way more intensive than story more players more items etc, i have a gtx 1060 3gb and a intel core i5-8400 and it barely handles gta online full lobbys i have to do empty ones to reach 60

Yea true that, how to i change it to "Invite Only"? I forgot where it is, i've seen it somewhere but don't know where it is. I think it's before entering GTA Online?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AleksiDj73 said:

Yea true that, how to i change it to "Invite Only"? I forgot where it is, i've seen it somewhere but don't know where it is. I think it's before entering GTA Online?

Yes when in story mode you press online then there should be invite only somewhere, invite only reduces the online features it is also possible to empty the public ones by some different tricks 


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AleksiDj73 said:

Yea true that, how to i change it to "Invite Only"? I forgot where it is, i've seen it somewhere but don't know where it is. I think it's before entering GTA Online?

when you load into story, go to the pause menu, select the online tab, and you should see invite only, solo, or closed friends sessions.


5Head :wine_glass: AH YES

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Kanna said:

Yes when in story mode you press online then there should be invite only somewhere, invite only reduces the online features it is also possible to empty the public ones by some different tricks 

OK i understand, but you didn't answer my question, why is the GPU usage and clock speed so low? even if Online is intensive af

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, gloop said:

when you load into story, go to the pause menu, select the online tab, and you should see invite only, solo, or closed friends sessions.

Yea now i remembered, thanks for your help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AleksiDj73 said:

OK i understand, but you didn't answer my question, why is the GPU usage and clock speed so low? even if Online is intensive af

I'm not sure since there can be many causes


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Kanna said:

I'm not sure since there can be many causes

True true and maybe also that many millions of ppl downloaded GTA V in the last week so probably servers can't handle too many players? Not sure

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AleksiDj73 said:

True true and maybe also that many millions of ppl downloaded GTA V in the last week so probably servers can't handle too many players? Not sure

Yeah the servers are not that great but that shouldn't change the clock speed, also gta gives low usage since it's lag is not the hardware it's the game itself since online have a different spec requirement


Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Kanna said:

Yeah the servers are not that great but that shouldn't change the clock speed, also gta gives low usage since it's lag is not the hardware it's the game itself since online have a different spec requirement

I understand. Well maybe Rockstar should invest some servers lol because of the new players etc., anyways, thanks for you help!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×