Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RuslanZab

WiFi abruptly cuts out

See if you have power saving options enabled. In device manager, you should see your wifi adapter listed under neworking. Right click on it and you should see some options as long as the original drivers are installed. Also make sure windows is set to max performance. If the timing is always the same, check with windows scheduler for tasks that will run at that given time, maybe something is causing this issue in the background. Most likely though, power saving stuff will engage. If you can, always use ethernet instead of wifi.

Posted · Original PosterOP

My WiFi cuts out for about 3 seconds every 30 minutes. This does not happen on other computers in my house. This also doesn't happen when I am connected through Ethernet. I have tried changing WiFi adapters and tinkering in the network setting, but nothing works. I think this issue is related to the motherboard, but I am not sure. I have an Aorus B450M, by the way.

Turn off the power saving on the USB ports.

Posted · Best Answer

See if you have power saving options enabled. In device manager, you should see your wifi adapter listed under neworking. Right click on it and you should see some options as long as the original drivers are installed. Also make sure windows is set to max performance. If the timing is always the same, check with windows scheduler for tasks that will run at that given time, maybe something is causing this issue in the background. Most likely though, power saving stuff will engage. If you can, always use ethernet instead of wifi.

Posted · Original PosterOP

The WiFi adapter power management setting were set up correctly, but the USB ports were not. I will test it out an let you guys know if it worked. Thanks!