Installed beta bios on MSI B350 for Rzyen 3000

Hey everyone, I just updated the Bios on my MSI b350m Pro VDH to upgrade from a 1600 to a 3600x. But at first I could only find the most recent bios on MSI's website (which was the beta bios) or one from 3 months before Zen 2 launched. So I downloaded the beta bios and it works good. (well besides the loud fan whine at startup that lasts for a couple seconds.) But I found a bios made specifically for when Zen 2 came out. And it's in between both bios launch dates. Im wondering if I should swap back? or stay on the current version?

Im using the beta bios as well. (since MSI B350m Bazooka doesnt have the specific bios for it) but for me, if it works fine, stick with it . unless you plan to overclock since that beta bios is a pain to tweak lol

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Just now, MartinKweh said:

Im using the beta bios as well. (since MSI B350m Bazooka doesnt have the specific bios for it) but for me, if it works fine, stick with it . unless you plan to overclock since that beta bios is a pain to tweak lol

Lmao yeah I noticed the mouse has 0.1% of it's normal sensitivity. But okay sounds good then. I've just heard all the crap about people bricking PCs with an undtable bios. But if it's working okay for you then I'll trust it for now.

8 minutes ago, Thatguywiththetoasterpc said:

Lmao yeah I noticed the mouse has 0.1% of it's normal sensitivity. But okay sounds good then. I've just heard all the crap about people bricking PCs with an undtable bios. But if it's working okay for you then I'll trust it for now.

ye, ive been using this bios since i think Early January. so its been 5 months now. i even overclocked it to CCX1 4.2 and CCX2 4.15 at 1.325 since its unstable at all core 4.2 and used the XMP's timing but overclocked the speed to 3200(is it even called overclock if its within the boost speed?) But so far using all of the tests(intel burn in, aida 64, memtest ect) it passed without any blue screens, crashes, and problems.

CURRENT PC SPECS    

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

1 hour ago, MartinKweh said:

ye, ive been using this bios since i think Early January. so its been 5 months now. i even overclocked it to CCX1 4.2 and CCX2 4.15 at 1.325 since its unstable at all core 4.2 and used the XMP's timing but overclocked the speed to 3200(is it even called overclock if its within the boost speed?) But so far using all of the tests(intel burn in, aida 64, memtest ect) it passed without any blue screens, crashes, and problems.

Yeah then I'm willing to bet it's fairly stable then. It just probably hasn't been tested correctly on the more unique CPU/APU's and it's a first gen mobo so it's not like they're rushing to further test it anytime soon.

4 minutes ago, Thatguywiththetoasterpc said:

Yeah then I'm willing to bet it's fairly stable then. It just probably hasn't been tested correctly on the more unique CPU/APU's and it's a first gen mobo so it's not like they're rushing to further test it anytime soon.

Though, even if works for me, that doesnt mean it will work for everyone. So still give it a bit of caution.

CURRENT PC SPECS    

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

On 5/20/2020 at 10:19 PM, MartinKweh said:

Though, even if works for me, that doesnt mean it will work for everyone. So still give it a bit of caution.

Sorry for the late reply but yes that's always the case. Though I've already had to clear the cmos due to RAM overclocking so I'm probably gonna stress this bios one way or another.