Budget audiophile speakers

Kasenumi

Hello guys
I am thinking of purchasing a great sound quality budget pair of speakers which will literally make the soul ascend during that magical 3 minutes of song. For now the best compromise of quality to price I have seen is ELAC Debut B6, very symbolic price for that level of quality.
Would you advice any other pair of speakers for that price?
Thank you everyone and have a great day

Case: Fractal Design Torrent;
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO 8GB;
RAM: G.Skill Flare X, DDR4, 16 GB,3200MHz, CL14;
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH D15;
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3;
PSU: be quiet! 700W PURE POWER 11CM 80+Gold;
SSD 1: SanDisk Extreme PRO 500GB PCIe x4 NVMe;
SSD 2: PLEXTOR PX-1TM9PeY 1TB SSD

Maybe Dali Oberon 3?

Speakers is not something that you buy for month. Good speakers may be with you for many years, so maybe think about Dali Oberon 7? Or Zensor? Or Castle Knight 5?

I have small flat, but even then I prefer floor speakers than small ones. I can throw my wardrobe in the trash, but I must have place for speakers.

I've got a pair of JBL 305P MK2, they were about 150 each but I've seen them as low as 120 recently.

13 hours ago, Applefreak said:

I've got a pair of JBL 305P MK2, they were about 150 each but I've seen them as low as 120 recently.

I have these as well.  I love the sound and they were well worth the money.

16 hours ago, Kasenumi said:

Hello guys
I am thinking of purchasing a great sound quality budget pair of speakers which will literally make the soul ascend during that magical 3 minutes of song. For now the best compromise of quality to price I have seen is ELAC Debut B6, very symbolic price for that level of quality.

Are you talking about passive or active speakers? In case of the former, what's your source and amplification? What's your budget? Are you looking for a neutral sound or not?

21 hours ago, Kasenumi said:

Hello guys

As Humdrum has said, we need a budget. For passive speaker's you need a power-amp/pre-amp combo or an integrated amplifier as well as the speakers themselves.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

18 hours ago, HumdrumPenguin said:

Are you talking about passive or active speakers? In case of the former, what's your source and amplification? What's your budget? Are you looking for a neutral sound or not?

the budget for speakers (2) is around 500$. It would be good to get a full setup for max 1200$ (speakers included). I also think passive speakers would be better. All would be connected with the PC and TV. Balanced sound is the best for relaxation

Case: Fractal Design Torrent;
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO 8GB;
RAM: G.Skill Flare X, DDR4, 16 GB,3200MHz, CL14;
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH D15;
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3;
PSU: be quiet! 700W PURE POWER 11CM 80+Gold;
SSD 1: SanDisk Extreme PRO 500GB PCIe x4 NVMe;
SSD 2: PLEXTOR PX-1TM9PeY 1TB SSD

for passive you can check the used market for some B&W, canton, focal and such ... I got some mordaunt-short bookshelves for 30$ ... they sound great for what I'm doing with them.  they would probably be small for a tv setup tho so might want something bigger and more powerful cause there's only so much a 4,75 inch drive can do.  Along with that I would pair some nice amplifier and you will end up more with a living room setup than a computer one. 

If you want powered I heard good things about edifier and kanto.  Some models could probably do pretty well for a tv setup too.

I9 10850K

EVGA RTX 3080 TI FTW3 ULTRA

32 Gb Crucial Balistix ddr4 3600mHz 16-18-18-38

MSI Z490 Tomahawk

Fractal Design Ion+ 860W platinum

Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 360mm

WB Black SN750 NVMe ssd

TeamGroup L5 3D Lite 1 Tb sata SSD