Just wondering intel wifi alternative

Every laptop I have have intel wifi card, and everything I look on too, just wondering is there a product whitout intel wifi. excluding moile or IoT or mpdem/router/access point.

2 minutes ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

Every laptop I have have intel wifi card, and everything I look on, just wondering is there a product whitout intel wifi.

Broadcom does make an appearance in some lower-end laptops.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

I bet it’s some business deal that incentivizes using intel WiFi card if you’re buying their CPUs. A lot like how cellphone makers are all slaves to Qualcomm.

Killer also makes an appearance in many higher end laptops.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

15 hours ago, WereCatf said:

Broadcom does make an appearance in some lower-end laptops.

I thought they only make mobil-ish/smart device chips. tablets/in between laptop and tablet and stuff. But not a proper one. But everything mobile I have except for old stuff and Apple(mix between their own and intels), it is Qualcomm.

15 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Intel wifi in consumer devices is pretty much the best though, why don't you want intel wifi?

I am just wondering like the title said. 

15 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

I bet it’s some business deal that incentivizes using intel WiFi card if you’re buying their CPUs. A lot like how cellphone makers are all slaves to Qualcomm.

I guess. Intel give an pretty high range in prices for one card, 7-14$,

15 hours ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

Killer also makes an appearance in many higher end laptops.

14 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I think killer rebrands intel nics for wifi, so its still a intel wifi card.

Killer is basically rivet inc brand for it's product. FUNNY JUST AS I AM LOOKING INTO IT INTEL ACQUIRE RIVET NETWORK 14 HOURS AGO(WHEN IT CAME OUT ON RETAIL MEDIA). Same time as this post I am quoting. COINCIDENCE? Or is intel spying on me ;}

FUNNY JUST AS I AM LOOKING INTO IT INTEL ACQUIRE RIVET NETWORK 14 HOURS AGO(WHEN IT CAME OUT ON RETAIL MEDIA). Same time as this post I am quoting. COINCIDENCE? Or is intel spying on me ;}

8 hours ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

FUNNY JUST AS I AM LOOKING INTO IT INTEL ACQUIRE RIVET NETWORK 14 HOURS AGO(WHEN IT CAME OUT ON RETAIL MEDIA). Same time as this post I am quoting. COINCIDENCE? Or is intel spying on me ;}

Yeah that’s just more evidence of monopoly behavior. If a company acquires every new entrant and you don’t see any substitute products, it’s safe to say that’s the work of a  monopoly. US Federal Trade Commission utterly useless.

5 hours ago, Jet_ski said:

Yeah that’s just more evidence of monopoly behavior. If a company acquires every new entrant and you don’t see any substitute products, it’s safe to say that’s the work of a  monopoly. US Federal Trade Commission utterly useless.

I guess there only interested in multi-billion and tens of billions of deals. Smaller deals they don't care. Though depends on deals, some deals I was happy about and some not. T-Mobil and Sprint I was happy, Disney Fox I was happy, good that they stopped Qualcomm from being acquired, there very dear and broadcomm is a bit meh ok. I wasn't happy about Warner and AT&T. Under the current administration, it is so easy to go overboard.

1 hour ago, We Didnt_t start_the_fire said:

I guess there only interested in multi-billion and tens of billions of deals. Smaller deals they don't care. Though depends on deals, some deals I was happy about and some not. T-Mobil and Sprint I was happy, Disney Fox I was happy, good that they stopped Qualcomm from being acquired, there very dear and broadcomm is a bit meh ok. I wasn't happy about Warner and AT&T. Under the current administration, it is so easy to go overboard.

US anticompetitive agencies are all essentially useless. Tbh I’m against all those mergers/acquisitions you mentioned. The way these companies keep their monopoly is that they buy every successful startup or new company. Then they leverage their position in nasty ways.

For example Qualcomm gets a percentage of sales from EVERY phone that has a snapdragon chip in it. That’s on top of what they charge for the chip itself. Because Qualcomm has bought every competitor in the mobile CPU and mobile antenna industry, which has given them all the patents, so now they force all these manufacturers into giving them a cut of their revenues. The way they make it legal is by forcing phone makers to pay royalties on a “collection of patents” that they may never use to actually use the snapdragon and antennas.

Tmobile plans are pricer than Sprint’s. And Sprint offers more plans. This whole 5G excuse they made up is nonsense imo. What’s gonna happen is in the US we will end up with an oligopoly in 4G/5G: ATT, T-Mobile, Verizon. Our phone bills will go up.

The more you read into these big companies they worse it gets.

@Jet_ski  That is a bit cyniste and one sided, actually let me rephrase. I prefer the more optimistic view on the subject. Just don't go overboard with those mergers. I remember back when Dell announced they would acquire VMware, EMC actually, I was like hmmmm may not work out 100%. It wasn't one of those that didn't completely fallen off, but I'd say it worked 75% and didn't improve much efficiency of stuff like that the integration wasn't great. Honestly I though Nvidia will buy VMware from EMC square or 2. Sprint was spotty at best outside metro area(There is lots of deadzone that is frustrating bordering big cities too). But yeah, there is actually monopolies that bothers me such as those alcohol vendors/distributors in Canada(I live half year in Vancouver and half in Seattle), and the Quebec syrops. (Lived there for a while)

On 5/20/2020 at 8:27 PM, Jet_ski said:

Possibly, but then buying them OEM outside of direct Intel supplier channels, they're still dirt cheap.

Also my Ryzen laptop still came with Intel WiFi.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

2 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Possibly, but then buying them OEM outside of direct Intel supplier channels, they're still dirt cheap.

Also my Ryzen laptop still came with Intel WiFi.

Do you have any link or where? I was looking Rysen and they still coem with intel cards thats partly why I am wondering is there an alternative. Albeit even they are maybe the best but certainely are great.