Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheBritishVillain

Dear Assassins Creed enthusiasts...some questions

Posted · Original PosterOP

The first AC came out in 2007. I remember in high school it was the whole talk of the month as the graphics were amazing for its time and it allowed you basically become a parkour expert and run all over roof tops and jumping off them killing bad guys. The story line was also interesting.

Naturally, the game was a success and so were it's successors when Ezio came to town. However, as the games kept coming, to the average non-fanboy they felt a little repetitive and boring. It was the same old 'Climb a tower to Synchronise', find some hidden items and add a couple of new game mechanics. 

AC franchise.jpg

I'm a hardcore Call of Duty fanboy, so I get triggered when misinformed people say "It's just the same game every year." as I know that's not the case due to different play-style and mechanics the changes bring. (Although Black Ops 3 to 4 were disgustingly similar.)

What is it about the AC franchise that makes you want to keep playing it? Don't get me wrong, I do like AC and I WANT to play all the games and i'm currently on AC4: Black Flag. Apparently the reviews on it are great and I see loads of comments online about how it's the best one. Although besides the ship warfare (which I personally don't like), it just feels like another AC game with a new environment. 

I mean I have Origins (I got it for free with my GPU) but still have yet to play it. I also skipped AC3 because I found it really boring.

1.) What's the main reason that attracts you to keep playing the games?

2.) I only kept up with the story to Revelations. Is the story still continuing with the first game in-mind? - I.E. If I suddenly pick up Origins, will I be missing out on the story because I haven't played the others?

[I would love to hear a fairly short / cut-down version of the story per game up to Blackflag, so if anyone is willing to do this, feel free to write down below or PM me 🙂]

3.) Do you always do all the side missions?

CPU: De-lidded i7 8086K @ OC 5.1 GHz

CPU Fan: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid Cooler

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING ICX

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED / RGB 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MHz

Storage (OS): Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVMe SSD

Storage (Games): Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

Storage (Other): Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD

PSU: Corsair HX850i (Platinum)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-F ATX

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Gunmetal

Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG258Q

41 minutes ago, TheBritishVillain said:

1.) What's the main reason that attracts you to keep playing the games?

I stopped playing after the Assassin's Creed Revelations. For some reason story line does not lie well with me in the rest of the series. The games are not bad - they in my honest opinion shouldn't be considered "Assassins Creed" continuation.

I love AC1 - the history of Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad, AC2 and AC Brotherhood with Ezzio Auditore are duhmazing. AC Revelations is very good. Anything after Revelations - not for me. Better graphics but something is missing.

I tried playing III, IV etc. Last one I tried was Unity. My thoughts were "Nope".

2.) I only kept up with the story to Revelations. Is the story still continuing with the first game in-mind? - I.E. If I suddenly pick up Origins, will I be missing out on the story because I haven't played the others?

No. I was disappointing.

3.) Do you always do all the side missions?

No. I am a man. I do what I want 🤪.

Regards.

Andrzej

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair."

"Never meet Your heroes. Most of the time you'll only end up disappointed."

/ Polak / Husband / Employee / Hetero / Carnivorous / Fugly / Geek / @$$hole / with ADD / Roman Catholic /

Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, AndrzejL said:

I stopped playing after the Assassin's Creed Revelations. For some reason story line does not lie well with me in the rest of the series. The games are not bad - they in my honest opinion shouldn't be considered "Assassins Creed" continuation.

I love AC1 - the history of Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad, AC2 and AC Brotherhood with Ezzio Auditore are duhmazing. AC Revelations is very good. Anything after Revelations - not for me. Better graphics but something is missing.

I tried playing III, IV etc. Last one I tried was Unity. My thoughts were "Nope".

I couldn't agree with you more! :)

They aren't bad but do definitely feel like they are missing something. I also agree after Revelations (Amazing game trailer btw) it just felt like something went away.

I also loved the history the game had too. I loved that storyline. I'm surprised you remember the name haha.

I haven't played Unity. Is that the one set in London? I live in the UK so definitely want to at least try that one.

CPU: De-lidded i7 8086K @ OC 5.1 GHz

CPU Fan: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid Cooler

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING ICX

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED / RGB 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MHz

Storage (OS): Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVMe SSD

Storage (Games): Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

Storage (Other): Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD

PSU: Corsair HX850i (Platinum)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-F ATX

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Gunmetal

Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG258Q

7 minutes ago, TheBritishVillain said:

I couldn't agree with you more! :)

They aren't bad but do definitely feel like they are missing something. I also agree after Revelations (Amazing game trailer btw) it just felt like something went away.

I also loved the history the game had too. I loved that storyline. I'm surprised you remember the name haha.

I haven't played Unity. Is that the one set in London? I live in the UK so definitely want to at least try that one.

Altaïr was fantastic... I will not forget his name...

AC Unity is based primarily in Paris during the French Revolution. Again - ok but far from AC greatness...

I remember the first time I played AC... I get goosebumps... I do not get those goosebumps in the "after Revelations" parts of the game.

Cheers Dude.

Andrzej

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair."

"Never meet Your heroes. Most of the time you'll only end up disappointed."

/ Polak / Husband / Employee / Hetero / Carnivorous / Fugly / Geek / @$$hole / with ADD / Roman Catholic /

As mentioned above, the story after AC Revelations is not really a continuation of the AC story, however it’s mainly because of the modern day and the way they handled that after the events of those games. I think I am majorly running off nostalgia at this point ha ha! If you’re going to play a game made after Black Flag, Origins is the one to play. Really focuses on the start of the entire brotherhood, obviously and overall as good and enthralling I think a new AC game has gotten. I do not play all the side missions.