Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mark-McG

PSU for new build - Sugo 13 + Ryzen 9 + RTX2080

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi all,

Having a go at building myself a small but powerful machine. I have sourced all the parts except a PSU. 

I was hoping someone could help answer two questions

1. What wattage of PSU do I need?
  2. Can I use a normal ATX PSU in the sugo 13 or does it need to be a small form factor one? (Small form factors are mainly sold out in the UK :( )

Here are the full build specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H60

MoBo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Impact X570

GPU: NVIDIA RTX2080 Super

RAM: 32GB Corsair DDR4 LPX 3600

Storage: 500GB Corsair MP600 SSD

Case: SUGO SG13B MINI-ITX

Thanks, Mark

You can use an ATX PSU (up to 150mm long) in that case.

But just because you can doesn't mean you should. An ATX PSU will be a tight fit; an SFX will be a lot easier to work with. Be aware, though, that you might need an adapter bracket to mount an SFX PSU.

6 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Thanks for the advice and sharing this site - they also have the corsair in stock so have ordered from there.

2 minutes ago, fordy_rounds said:

You can use an ATX PSU (up to 150mm long) in that case.

But just because you can doesn't mean you should. An ATX PSU will be a tight fit; an SFX will be a lot easier to work with. Be aware, though, that you might need an adapter bracket to mount an SFX PSU.

Thanks for the advice. Thanks to @5x5 I have managed to order an SFX that is in stock and has suitable power.

2 minutes ago, Mark-McG said:

Thanks for the advice and sharing this site - they also have the corsair in stock so have ordered from there.

Thanks for the advice. Thanks to @5x5 I have managed to order an SFX that is in stock and has suitable power.

Keep in mind btw - the Corsair H60 is utter shit so you won't be overclocking anything.

Just now, 5x5 said:

Keep in mind btw - the Corsair H60 is utter shit so you won't be overclocking anything.

Oh dear.. My main decision on that was that I knew it would fit but maybe there is a better option?

13 minutes ago, Mark-McG said:

Oh dear.. My main decision on that was that I knew it would fit but maybe there is a better option?

In reality, you probably won't fit anything great in that case so I'd just tune for efficiency

you cant probably oc in that case but you can run 3900x with PBO enabled and see the temperatures. try somehtin like NZXT kraken x42 rev 2 

|Ryzen 7 3700x || Asus strix 5700 XT || Asus strix x570-E || G.skill tridentZ Neo 32gb 3666mhz cl16-19-19-19-39 || cooler master ml360 RGB AIO || Kolink Horizon RGB || Thermaltake grand rgb 750w 80+gold psu || samsung 250 gb ssd || toshiba 5400rpm 1tb hdd || HyperX cloud alpha || Corsair k55 || Asus gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz ||   QUOTE ME, FOR ANSWER.

Read this: