Do the rgb light on the mouse and keyboard work while your graphic card is dead?

AlfredYouwakim

Do the rgb light on the mouse and keyboard work while your graphic card is dead?

im so fucking scared that its done i have a 1080 Ti which was working so god damn fine and all the sudden no display i tried my older GTX 1080 and worked the screen turned on and everything was fine but my GTX 1080 ti Won't

47 minutes ago, AlfredYouwakim said:

im so fucking scared that its done i have a 1080 Ti which was working so god damn fine and all the sudden no display i tried my older GTX 1080 and worked the screen turned on and everything was fine but my GTX 1080 ti Won't

I'm confused by the question. The mouse and keyboard LED lighting will have nothing to do with a graphics card.

They either have their own self-contained controllers, or they are powered by software like iCue.

10 hours ago, trevb0t said:

I'm confused by the question. The mouse and keyboard LED lighting will have nothing to do with a graphics card.

They either have their own self-contained controllers, or they are powered by software like iCue.

i mean do the pc even turn on?

1 minute ago, AlfredYouwakim said:

i mean do the pc even turn on?

Yeah, if the graphics card is the problem, everything else will still operate. 

When you have the 1080ti installed, and the PC on, do the GPU fans spin? Is there a power indicator turning on?

Yes the gpu fans do spin

and what do you mean with power indicator?

4 minutes ago, AlfredYouwakim said:

Yes the gpu fans do spin

and what do you mean with power indicator?

If the fans spin, the indicator isn't important. The GPU is getting power, and taking it.

When you hook up the 1080, everything is working fine?

If your monitor has the capability to use HDMI, Display Port, VGA, DVI etc cables, I would try connecting to the 1080Ti with a different kind of cable. Like if you typically use a DVI, borrow an HDMI from a TV device and try that connection. Sometimes single outputs can go bad on a GPU.

9 hours ago, trevb0t said:

If the fans spin, the indicator isn't important. The GPU is getting power, and taking it.

When you hook up the 1080, everything is working fine?

If your monitor has the capability to use HDMI, Display Port, VGA, DVI etc cables, I would try connecting to the 1080Ti with a different kind of cable. Like if you typically use a DVI, borrow an HDMI from a TV device and try that connection. Sometimes single outputs can go bad on a GPU.

i did all of that and still didnt work

is it a sign that its dead :{?

2 minutes ago, AlfredYouwakim said:

i did all of that and still didnt work

is it a sign that its dead :{?

I can't say definitively, but I would say it doesn't bode well for the card. For now at least you've got a working 1080. In terms of performance it's only like a 10-15% cut.

I can't say definitively, but I would say it doesn't bode well for the card. For now at least you've got a working 1080. In terms of performance it's only like a 10-15% cut.

but i had two computers..

and the card was working fine but i uninstalled it and and reinstalled and this happend idk why

9 hours ago, AlfredYouwakim said:

but i had two computers..

and the card was working fine but i uninstalled it and and reinstalled and this happend idk why

i tried to put my 1080 stock cooler on the 1080 ti cause it sucked but it didnt work becuase there was something stuck on the 1080 ti so i didnt and when i re assembled this happend did i do something wrong with the assembling maybe should i re open it?

Just now, AlfredYouwakim said:

i tried to put my 1080 stock cooler on the 1080 ti cause it sucked but it didnt work becuase there was something stuck on the 1080 ti so i didnt and when i re assembled this happend did i do something wrong with the assembling maybe should i re open it?

The card should technically still output video without a cooler (at least I think.)

But it might not hurt to reinstall that and make sure it's all working. Did you remove and apply new thermal paste?

I would look at the PCIe contacts (the little fin that goes into the PCIe slot on the MOBO) and make sure they aren't dirty with thermal paste or something from the process.

The card should technically still output video without a cooler (at least I think.)

But it might not hurt to reinstall that and make sure it's all working. Did you remove and apply new thermal paste?

I would look at the PCIe contacts (the little fin that goes into the PCIe slot on the MOBO) and make sure they aren't dirty with thermal paste or something from the process.

dirty thermal paste does that???

because it was working and when i applied it this happend

Just now, AlfredYouwakim said:

dirty thermal paste does that???

because it was working and when i applied it this happend

No? Just saying if you got some on your fingers during the process, you could maybe have gotten some on the contacts...

9 hours ago, trevb0t said:

No? Just saying if you got some on your fingers during the process, you could maybe have gotten some on the contacts...

ok the grahic card is with my expert friend xD

when wakes up ima tell them that thank you for helping and i will update you if it works (hopefully it does fingerd crossed)

9 hours ago, AlfredYouwakim said:

when wakes up ima tell them that thank you for helping and i will update you if it works (hopefully it does fingerd crossed)

he* him*

10 hours ago, AlfredYouwakim said:

and BTW the heat sink was so fucking dirty