Will msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac work with ryzen 5 3600

Hey guys. I just want to know does the msi 450 gaming pro carbon ac work with ryzen 5 3600 out of the box with no bios updates?

Out of the box, no they are not supported. You can contact the seller and ask though, some sellers do update the bios.

Depending on the board you get, some of them come with the BIOS updated with support for Ryzen 3rd gen, other ones do not. My B450 didn't come with the BIOS updated so I had to tell the store if they could update it for me. Dependes greatly on where you live, etc. The ones that come updated supposedly have an sticker that reads Ryzen 3rd Gen compatible, but who knows.

2 minutes ago, The_russian said:

It supports it after a BIOS update, not out of the box.

Ahh I see that now

17 minutes ago, AaronHighley said:

Hey guys. I just want to know does the msi 450 gaming pro carbon ac work with ryzen 5 3600 out of the box with no bios updates?

If your buying a new board, you should just get a x570 for the price of the pro carbon b450. They’re pretty close In price because when I skimmed online this board was like 160 which is definitely in the range for some x570 boards, or just wait until June and the b550 will be coming out

On 5/18/2020 at 3:39 AM, AaronHighley said:

Hi, last week or so, I also purchased the B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC with the same CPU as you (R5 3600) and it works perfect, without any BIOS updates straight away.

If you have a laptop or so, you can download the Bios update to an USB stick and just update it that way.