Internet is horrible

Erractic

hi i have subscribed to 100 mbps but speed is not the issue i play my games and it run 0-20 ping and when i open any other app that uses internet it spikes up to 200ping and then 1000ping then back down for 10 secs and then back up the game is not fun anymore

i use  a wireless extender by Tplink and now even when nothing is open and only the game it spikes

Is this a new issue, or an ongoing one with the same service?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 @ 3800 CL16 | GPU: EVGA 2070 Super Black | Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 with Arctic P12 fans | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 GA | Storage: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe SSD | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14 Redux, 4x Arctic P12 (including the 2 on rad) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C with dark tint tempered glass | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Lite | Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate | Monitor: 27" Samsung Odyssey G7 | Speakers: JVC SP-UX7000 in cherry | No RGB except the pump block is set to white. Motherboard lighting is OFF.

41 minutes ago, atm0706 said:

Is this a new issue, or an ongoing one with the same service?

I have the exact same problem as this guy, so ill answer what it is with me : It started when people started staying home during quarantine  

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B550 Tomahawk

16GB 3600mHz Trident Z RGB

1650 Super

Fractal Design Meshify C

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB

3 minutes ago, GamingSeargent said:

I have the exact same problem as this guy, so ill answer what it is with me : It started when people started staying home during quarantine  

Yeah that's kind of a normal thing. The cable company can only send a finite amount of data through their lines, which you share with your neighbors. When everyone in the neighborhood is online at the same time your speed will go down a bit. I've heard if you pay for a higher data tier, then you will get a larger share of the data but I don't know if that's true.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | MB: Gigabyte Aorus Elite X570 | Memory: 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600mhz CL16 @ 3800 CL16 | GPU: EVGA 2070 Super Black | Cooler: EVGA CLC 240 with Arctic P12 fans | PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 GA | Storage: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe SSD | Fans: 2x Noctua NF-P14 Redux, 4x Arctic P12 (including the 2 on rad) | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C with dark tint tempered glass | Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Lite | Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate | Monitor: 27" Samsung Odyssey G7 | Speakers: JVC SP-UX7000 in cherry | No RGB except the pump block is set to white. Motherboard lighting is OFF.

1 hour ago, atm0706 said:

Yeah that's kind of a normal thing. The cable company can only send a finite amount of data through their lines, which you share with your neighbors. When everyone in the neighborhood is online at the same time your speed will go down a bit. I've heard if you pay for a higher data tier, then you will get a larger share of the data but I don't know if that's true.

The download and upload speeds seem to be normal however

Ryzen 5 3600

MSI B550 Tomahawk

16GB 3600mHz Trident Z RGB

1650 Super

Fractal Design Meshify C

Samsung 970 Evo 1TB