DOOM Eternal post-launch update adds Denuvo's new Anti-Cheat software

RAS_3885

I bought Doom Eternal about a month ago since I loved playing through DOOM 2016 and this game looked like a fun sequel. Haven't played it yet (haven't even launched it yet actually) and see that today they release an 'Update 1' patch which, among many other things, add's Denuvo's new anti-cheat software to "protect" it's battlemode multi-player mode.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/782330/view/2187005925152148469

https://blog.irdeto.com/2020/05/14/denuvo-anti-cheat-goes-live-a-message-to-doom-eternal-fans-and-gamers/

The reviews for the game have been very positive since launch, but have been slammed with people reporting crashes, poor performance, and security concerns with the new software. Denuvo AC itself isn't inherently malicious, but seems like granting kernel-level access is a bit unnecessary for a game that is so focused on a single player campaign. Or for any game IMO. They indicate it's only active when playing multi-player, but it's forced to install when launching the game, so single-player is impacted as well. Uninstalling it only causes it to reinstall on the next launch of the game.

I'm hoping this doesn't continue to be a trend of more single player games getting crippled by AC software because they have a small multi-player or online aspect. I'm also hoping the devs roll back the changes and at least make it so you can play single player without being forced to install any additional 3rd party BS.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Performance was good and i had no Crashes. The Game itself was a disappointment tho. Its not a bad Game, but its certainly not the masterpiece the reviews are tellling us. Boring Plattforming 95% Arena Fights, boring Hell and Heavn Design, boring Bossfights. 2016 is the better Game.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Performance was good and i had no Crashes. The Game itself was a disappointment tho. Its certainly not the masterpiece the reviews are tellling us. Boring Plattforming 95% Arena Fights, boring Hell and Heavn Design, boring Bossfights. 2016 is the better Game.

The patch I'm referring to was released today. Have you played it since then? Seem performance pre-update was excellent and well-optimized like 2016 but drops sometimes as much as 50 percent with the new Denuvo software added.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

Just now, RAS_3885 said:

The patch I'm referring to was released today. Have you played it since then? Seem performance pre-update was excellent and well-optimized like 2016 but drops sometimes as much as 50 percent with the new Denuvo software added.

No. I played in the Release Week. Didnt touch it since than.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

2 minutes ago, Praesi said:

No. I played in the Release Week. Didnt touch it since than.

Give it a go now and see if it changes? :)

1 minute ago, RAS_3885 said:

Its not installed. I doubt it will be anytime soon.

5 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

Just booted it up and seems fine to me. Still averaging around 140-160 FPS

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?