Explain Your Username

DLM_012

Well my parents both used to call me Sammy G when I was younger. It kinda stuck, now everyone calls it me. I had to add the "145" as SammyG had already been taken on most websites and such. 

The Phoenix | i7 3930K 4.6Ghz | Z79A-GD45 Plus | 2 x GTX 780 SLI | 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz | Two 240GB Samsung 840s | 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green HDD | Silverstone TJ07 | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop

Streaming PC/LAN Rig | i7 920 3Ghz | Biostar X58 T-Power | GTX 460 1024Mb | 8GB XMS3 1333Mhz | 120GB Corsair SSD | Avermedia Live gamer HD C985 

When I first got an Xbox, mind that this was in the dial-up days, I only used the internet casually and sometimes for AIM. Presented with making an internet alias for myself that wasn't an email my mom made me, I thought to what I had experienced on the internet. Often, my girlfriend would send me, "lmfao, ben" or something of the sort in response. Rolling with that, my first gamertag and the username that's lasted me over half of a decade was born.

B)

Close your eyes for what you can't imagine.

I was (and still kinda am) a flight simulator fanatic, and I had the username for years. 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Zeals...been a very long time since I came up with this username, but I believe it originated from my Starcraft: Brood Wars days when I loved Zealots. So I guess it's derived from the word Zeal? 

The three that I have held onto during my time on the interwebs. 

I started off with WindWalker. It came from the movie Wind Talkers because I loved that gory movie back in the day. I don't remember how I went from Wind Talkers to WIndWalker but I did. 

Then I used Qwertydamus, I stole that name from a friend and he wanted it back (we both read the same forums and play the same games so we needed different names so I changed it to Echodamus.

I chose Echodamus because what first got me into computers was my friend showing me a basic program in some language that used some sort of echo call or something, and from then on I was hooked on computers. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

I was (and still kinda am) a flight simulator fanatic, and I had the username for years. 

Heh, and then there's mine.. Blatantly obvious for those who know.

prepare to be amazed my name is Tom Poar so i called myself tpoar

yep im pretty imaginative :)

Gaming rig: CPU: I5-2500K GPU: EVGA 660TI 3GB SC+ RAM: Corsair 8GB Vengence 1600MHz SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo Keyboard: Razer Black Widow ultimate Mouse: Logitech MX Master Monitor: 2x Acer 21.5 inch

Laptop Dell 7559: CPU: i7-6700HQ GPU: GTX 960M 4GB RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

EpicGeekonFire

Epic: I am amazing... I know everything about tech 

Geek: Since I waz little I have had a strong passion for tech

On: on something? :o

Fire: Burning of amazingness

My heart is also on fire(met the girl of my life :D)

honestly, my name, was created for Everquest Online Adventures (for ps2)  and i couldn't think of anything so I sat at my computer and hit random lets for a paragraph and pulled the name out of the jumble of letters. 

I removed the letter a from my first name (because why not?) and prefixed it with the initial of my last name.

-rocket science-

Mines because girls only ever wanted to... cuddle :S after a while my mates started telling girls they could rent a spoon... awkward but I liked it and people found it funny. I get a lot of people tell me its rent a fork on games (usually COD) because of some American TV show which I haven't seen or something. I find it funny it winds them up.

Heatseeker is the title of an awesome Wii air combat game (which has it's name from heat-seeking missiles), and 96 is the year in which I was born. I use it (and variations of it, when the original is unavailable) for all my online accounts.

No one asked you...

Such a jerk move... Like its a damn forum post whatever crap you want god...

The Big Lebowski is one of my favourite movies.

Walter is the best supporting character :)

"Donny you're out of your element!"

"Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules."

I used to drink alot of water in grade 8, hogging the water fountain 5 minutes at a time.

They started calling me the camel man, then finally someone said "Cameler" and a legend was born.

So I was randomly trying things to be my username for YouTube. I came up with craft ableawesomeness. Anyway I tried to make that my gamer tag and it was too long. I shortened it to craftable and if course it was taken. I added 123 to the end, but missed the 3 and accidentally hit 4. That's how my username came about.

A man of charm with strange quarks. 

At the time I made my username I wanted something kinda cool. Obviously it's a variation of Mr Tumnus, a faun from The Chronicles of Narnia book series. I never read the books so it's no connection to that. My name is Tom and Mr Tomnus has a nice ring to it, and also I'm a little hairier than the average 17 year old, like a faun...? So I suppose that's how it came about. I dunno. I use variations of it depending on restrictions, but for my main accounts I use this username.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8