I'M GETTING GOOGLE FIBER!!!!!!! (Maybe)

Most of us heard of Google's anouncement of the expansion of Google Fiber to new cities, but if you didn't then here is the jist of it:

Starting in 2015 google will start development in 9 cities and thier surrounding subards (Portland, San Jose, Atlanta, Raleigh-Duram, and Phoenix only)

for thier 1Gb/sec fiber optic internet service.  It will take a long time for all of the ares to get connections and some of the cities on the list might not even get connections if google runs into some geographical and logistical problems.

Here is the list of cities that are on schedule reciving the gift of fiber:

• Atlanta, GA

-Avondale

-Estates

-Brookhaven

-College Park

-Decatur

-East Point

-Hapeville

-Sandy Springs

-Smyrna

• Charlotte, NC
  • Nashville,TN
  • Salt Lake City, UT
  • San Antonio, TX
  • Phoenix, AZ

-Scottsdale

-Tempe

• Raleigh-Durham, NC

-Carrboro

-Cary

-Chapel Hill

-Durham

-Garner

-Morrisville

-Raleigh

• San Jose, CA

-Sant Clara

-Sunnyvale

-Mountain View

-Palo Alto

• Portland, Or

-Beaverton

-Hillsboro

-Gresham

-Lake Oswego

-Tigard

Now that you know what happened, I can now state why I put maybe in the title of this article.  I currently live in Tualatin, OR, Have reletives that live in Gilbert, AZ, and know a youtuber (Guude Boulderfist) that lives a couple of minutes away from Raleigh, NC.  While it is a long drive for Guude and is a good drive for my reletive to get to Pheonix, I can see Tigard, Or from my rooftop.  Because of the fact that half of my friends will have fiber and the other not made me do some research into witch citites are included and ended up using the link on the google fiber home page to check my address. 

Here are my results

post-40615-0-75086800-1393123508_thumb.j:

It says this when I put in my tualatin address even though tualatin isn't in the list of cities.  For those that have never heard of Tigard or Tualatin, Or they are two cities that make up the portland suburbs; Tigard has twice the population of Tualatin so I have  been thinking that tualatin is included as part of Tigard.

If anyone that lives in a small town near one of the cities metioned above then please contact google fiber and try to find out if you might be getting google fiber and post below.

Source: https://fiber.google.com/about/

I know the answer to Fermat's last theorem but there isn't enough room in my signature to announce it.

NO FLORIDA :'c

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

damn.. i still have to be stuck with Satellite for internet and cable

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

ATLANTA!!!!!! YEAAAAAH

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Wow I'm seriously jealous I really wish I had fiber. The government in Australia were going to pay billions of to put fiber across the whole of the country but then they got voted out and now we get some crappy alternative internet. 

My grandma (in Port Huron, MI) is SOL.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I get DSL...

I'd take a 50mb/sec right now...

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I feel your pain.

):

#SouthernStruggle

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Man I wish haha

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

*User dial-up when google fiber is in his area

Let's think of the reasons of why these cities are included

Google has Data centers in oregon, N&S Carolina, and oklahoma each of those is near a fiber city

Portland and oregon in general have allways been early adopters of technology and is probably the most accepting of fiber throughout all of the cities so when the battle for cities originaly occured, portland was going to be the first fiber city instead of kansas city.

If you can come up with other reasons then post them below

I know the answer to Fermat's last theorem but there isn't enough room in my signature to announce it.

I don't even get 20/20... I wish Google Fiber was in my area :(

I would create a petition and send letters to google on why your city should get it.

When you do get it, make some room for me and my computer, because I'm coming over! ahaha

Ok, but you have to pay for rent, water, electricity, property taxes, AND the fiber.  LOL

As a side note, this is old news and is a repost.

I am posting news and allso asking people if they can help find out which smaller cities are included

Why TF isn't fiber in NY?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Ok, but you have to pay for rent, water, electricity, property taxes, AND the fiber.  LOL

IDC I am still coming! 

San Jose, CA.

About damn time. We are a growing industry.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx