Monitor upgrade

MADCATZ

As an owner I feel i should weigh in here about these pros/cons

Pros:

• 1440p of course! this allows for a lot of screen realistate and beautiful gameplay. I can view two full sized webpages side by side.
  • productivity is amazing because of all the pixels- I can have many more windows open and on the screen at once that say 1080p
  • High pixel density 109PPI http://isthisretina.com/
  • SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER OVER OTHER 1440p PANELS. with the money you save you could possibly sell your GPU to slave mining and with that hunk of cash [saved + from the card] buy a baller card like a GTX770 to run games better.

Cons:

• "Won't run game at 1440p?" wtf is this shit? Turn down the settings and filters You do not need to run games at max settings to have a good experience and I SHOULD KNOW. and btw because of the high ppi the monitor does some of its own AA
  • B-grade panel? Yes it is, but that does mean much. [keeping in mind this is a PLS panel vs an IPS] It's still 90% better than any TN/IPS (not comparing against monitors with built in color correction and profiles) on the market, and unless your doing professional stuff I don't think you're going to notice a $200-300 worth of a difference between this and the ultrasharp. Unless OP can tell the differences and need that extra quality.
  • Uglier? I tend not to get into looks becase it's all opinion. The X-star is not BAD it's just not as sexy as a branded panel.
  • Support and Warranty? No comparison real branded panels win 10 times out of 10.
  • Input lagg? I'd like to see a chart- This is a rebranded samsung panel i doubt its being korean makes it slower. Sure it has an 8ms response time but i cannot tell the diffrence (in FPS gaming [havn't tried other genres]). I've even used this along side a 2ms panel my friend has. No noticable differnce. other than I like mine better because of the colors and resolution of that TN 1080penis thing

It's definitely a balancing game of what pros and con you want to balance. The most obvious pro being the much cheaper cost. and the most obvious con probably being lack of support for it being a B-grade panel.

If you are to buy though i would highly suggect getting a Pixel Perfect model. since these are B-grade panels some do have dead/stuck pixels. The pixel perfect premium only increase the chance significantly that you will not have any issues with pixels

"I think i will leave the Korean monitor alone, and hopefully i can get the dell on sale. "

Good idea.

Thanks for such a detailed answer, i think the idea to sell my HD 7870 XT to a miner is a very good one. And then i might get a GTX 780 or 770. If i got a 27 inch monitor, then it would't fit properly next to my 24 inch. But that's fine i guess, If i ordered it from ebay it would be $337 NZ including shipping. And with pixel perfect it is $409 NZ with shipping, and when it goes over $400 NZ customs will charge me a huge amount of GST.

Intel i5 3570K. Cooler Master Seidon 120V. Asus P8Z77-V LK. Corsair vengeance LP 8GB. EVGA GTX 980 TI ACX 2.0+ SC. Seasonic M12-II 750w. NZXT H440. Crucial BX100 250GB. Corsair Neutron 64GB SSD. Seagate 1TB. Razer Death Adder 2013. Razer Blackwidow Tournament. Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 ohm/Mod Mic 4.0. FiiO E10K DAC. Steelseries QCK+. Benq XL2430T@144Hz. 2x Dell U2414H. Phone Sony Xperia Z3

Thanks for such a detailed answer, i think the idea to sell my HD 7870 XT to a miner is a very good one. And then i might get a GTX 780 or 770. If i got a 27 inch monitor, then it would't fit properly next to my 24 inch. But that's fine i guess, If i ordered it from ebay it would be $337 NZ including shipping. And with pixel perfect it is $409 NZ with shipping, and when it goes over $400 NZ customs will charge me a huge amount of GST.

If you have any other questions please ask. I hate seeing threads of people regretting things.

man, NZ prices suck.

TekSyndicate Forum Moderator: https://forum.teksyndicate.com/users/njm1112

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

If you have any other questions please ask. I hate seeing threads of people regretting things.

man, NZ prices suck.

How risky is it, if i don't get a pixel perfect model?

Intel i5 3570K. Cooler Master Seidon 120V. Asus P8Z77-V LK. Corsair vengeance LP 8GB. EVGA GTX 980 TI ACX 2.0+ SC. Seasonic M12-II 750w. NZXT H440. Crucial BX100 250GB. Corsair Neutron 64GB SSD. Seagate 1TB. Razer Death Adder 2013. Razer Blackwidow Tournament. Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 ohm/Mod Mic 4.0. FiiO E10K DAC. Steelseries QCK+. Benq XL2430T@144Hz. 2x Dell U2414H. Phone Sony Xperia Z3

How risky is it, if i don't get a pixel perfect model?

I don't have any numbers for you But the panel I got was perfect (i paid for perfect) same with my friend who also has it and no dead pixels. (also paid for perfect)

Kyle from newegg ordered one of the koreans (i don't think he got the pixel perfect) and he got one dead one.

Logan from TS ordered a few of these a while back and one of them had like 2 or 3 dead pixels.

I'm not really sure how risky it is. But it does seem quite a bit more likely.

That the other ting about the PPI, if there are dead pixels they are hard to see. I'm not saying this is an excuse, If you really are worried (I was as this was a big investment for me) get a branded panel.

5930K@4.3Ghz | 16GB 4x4 2133Mhz | r9-290 | 6TB Raid5 | 250GB 850Evo | 8.1pro | RM750

I don't have any numbers for you But the panel I got was perfect (i paid for perfect) same with my friend who also has it and no dead pixels. (also paid for perfect)

Kyle from newegg ordered one of the koreans (i don't think he got the pixel perfect) and he got one dead one.

Logan from TS ordered a few of these a while back and one of them had like 2 or 3 dead pixels.

I'm not really sure how risky it is. But it does seem quite a bit more likely.

That the other ting about the PPI, if there are dead pixels they are hard to see. I'm not saying this is an excuse, If you really are worried (I was as this was a big investment for me) get a branded panel.

So it should't have more than 0-3 dead pixels, and on such i big panel they would be very hard to see like you said. And most of the time i would be playing games on it, and i would't be looking for dead pixel when i am gaming. Its a very hard choice for me to make, i do like to keep my monitors for a while. The one i am using at the moment is from 2009(no dead pixels yet)  :)

So it should't have more than 0-3 dead pixels, and on such i big panel they would be very hard to see like you said. And most of the time i would be playing games on it, and i would't be looking for dead pixel when i am gaming. Its a very hard choice for me to make, i do like to keep my monitors for a while. The one i am using at the moment is from 2009(no dead pixels yet)  :)

Nice. Dead pixels are a risk of the Korean panels. My dice rolled well. I can not guarantee you the same results unfortunately.

Go with whatever you want. It's quite the balancing act.

Nice. Dead pixels are a risk of the Korean panels. My dice rolled well. I can not guarantee you the same results unfortunately.

Go with whatever you want. It's quite the balancing act.

I just want a cheap 27 inch 2560x1440p with no dead pixels :D but also i really don't want to lose any money. Buying the dell would be a lot safer, but slowly the res on monitors are climbing and i am afraid that it will get out dated too fast. And as i said before i really want it to last a long time, anyway if i want the dell its on sale untill the 27th. Its such a hard decision! 

Hi guys

Thanks for all the input, i have decided to buy the dell today. And sell my card soon and maybe pick up a GTX 780, thanks again :)