PC Build Comments welcome

mbpits

Budget (including currency): £1000 to £1500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: New Assassins Creed, F1 Racing, Large Spreadsheets for work, Civilizations, Annon games 

I have created this system, with help from others who have helped me sort out previous combat-ability issues. I have tried to make it so that there in upgrade options in the future but hopefully they would not be required for a couple years.

One thing I would like to understand as well is that the CPU comes with a stock cooler, so do I need a separate one to improve performed both in terms of fan noise and ensuring that it does not over heat?

Thank you for reading and any comments.

12 minutes ago, Meganter said:

Thanks for that, I did not know that about the 3800x.

The only reason I thought to use the x570 was due to the next gen AMD chips on working on any other mother board so it might future proof it?

Will definitely look into those upgrades you have recommend. Thank you.

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

6 minutes ago, mbpits said:

The only reason I thought to use the x570 was due to the next gen AMD chips on working on any other mother board so it might future proof it?

If you want to upgrade to the next AMD chips, just wait the release in 5-6 months or so I'd say.

5 minutes ago, F.E.A.R. said:

I don't see how it will last longer than my build or his build ? Worse memory and GPU for starters.

Just now, Meganter said:

If you want to upgrade to the next AMD chips, just wait the release in 5-6 months or so I'd say.

I don't see how it will last longer than my build ? Worse memory and GPU for starters.

I didn't say anything about your build proposal nor do I even care. The RX 5700 XT is a better value for money, also it's best for him to have a X570 mobo if he wants to upgrade to Ryzen 4000 series. The B450 is a waste for that budget he has, and I don't see how the the RX 5700 XT and the Corsair memory is worse, but whatever.

"Tolerance is the lube that helps the dildo of dysfunction slip into the ass of a civilized society" - Plato 427-347 BC

"Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society" - Aristotle 384-322 BC

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Lebiniz 1st of July 1646 - 14th of November 1716

1 minute ago, F.E.A.R. said:

I didn't say anything about your build proposal nor do I even care. The RX 5700 XT is a better value for money, also it's best for him to have a X570 mobo if he wants to upgrade to Ryzen 4000 series. The B450 is a waste for that budget he has, and I don't see how the the RX 5700 XT and the Corsair memory is worse, but whatever.

It's worse because overpriced for the same performance, the 2070S and 2080S beat the 5700XT. It was just some remarks and not an accusation so don't start a flame war.

And as stated if he wants 4000 series, he can wait a few months anyway. Globally your build is nice but overprice for what it offers that's all.

If you are not in a rush, then wait until June 16th and see what B550 availability is like.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£260.82 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (£43.47 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£109.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE DARK Za 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (£71.13 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£114.92 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£52.88 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  (£389.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (£72.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex III Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (£89.99 @ Currys PC World) 
Total: £1206.16
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-14 12:51 BST+0100

Thanks everyone, it has all given me stuff to think about. I was worried that by waiting for the next AMD announcement it could mean an increase in prices but maybe I should wait since it is only a month away now.