FPS Drop and Stutter and Freezing And Crashing in most games(ram 8 + 1070 ti )

My Rig

Gpu : Gtx 1070 ti msi gaming x

cpu: I3-8100(intel fan)

mainboard: Asus b360 m-k

hard: 2 hdd : 500 seagate 5400rpm + 1 tb wd blue (windows and games)

ram: 1*8 gb 2400 mhz corsair

PSU: 530 Watt (7 Years Old :///) effinecity 80% plus

Hi guys. I have this issue for a long time. In almost every game I have fps drop, stutter and game crash and freezing. Like AC unity and syndicate but not origins. Batman AK. BF5,1- Cod Warzone-Cod WW2 and almost any game I play. I tried SSD and 16 GB ram and it was the same. My gpu at first was 1060 and I had less stutter and lag. When I upgraded to 1070 ti, I have it in all game, my temp : gpu idle 52 load max 76/ cpu idle 47 load max 78. When I installed 2 fans on my case the temps jump to 80 for cpu load max and gpu 82 load max, I mean it hotter and have more lag with cooling

I tested 1070 ti with i7-4470 s and it was awful the game wasn’t loading textures at all

It was on z mother board + 12 gb ddr3 ram + ssd drive with windows and game

hdd seagate idle 35 C and wd idle 45 C

I have questions

1what psu should I upgrade to on budget?

2 does psu has anything with lags and stutters and ….??

3 if it isn’t the psu problem then what is it???

Anyhelp is appreciated

Thanks

sorry for bad english

Im sure your GPU is lower clockspeed because of those Temps. 82° is too high.

Check the Event Manager if there is a report when the crash happens. Freezes are very often related to heat Problems.

And your PSU will not reduce Performance. It deliveres the needed Juice or it  doesnt.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

TY. my gpu is clocked at 1860 on gpu and 4006 on memory. and what r u suggesting?

no report on event manager just games crashing

and when i downclock the gpu the temps go around 63 on max load 

and the stutter is less but there is enough of it that i cant play

6 minutes ago, MHN15321383 said:

TY. my gpu is clocked at 1860 on gpu and 4006 on memory. and what r u suggesting?

no report on event manager just games crashing

1. Quote or @MHN15321383 

2. Check your Drivers, remove 3rd Party Drivers for GPU, Soundcard ect. and reinstall them.

3. Run Benchmarks like Aida64 and a GPU Bench of your Choice.

Also check RAM with memtest

Observe the Behaviour and Results.

You have to check your Hardware Step by Step till you found the reason. If it isnt a Driver related Software Error.

63° is no crash reason.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

i will check those thanks / but my probleme isnt software i reinstalled windows and gpu driver and all driver so many times

in the gpu test temp is high but the benchmark isnt laging or anything

i used windows ram test and memtest + aida64 and all was good + hard test

10 minutes ago, MHN15321383 said:

i used windows ram test and memtest + aida64 and all was good + hard test

Use this

1. run several instances each with 1024mb untill you reach your total RAM minus 2GB

2. Let it run at least 6hours.

You cant test RAM in 15 Minutes.

i tested and no probleme. everything is ok. and one other thing when i enter a game like cod warzone the setting is on ultra or high tha mean my pc have the recommended and it is one of the reason i think the probleme is PSU

it is possible for your gpu to be running into a power limitation that stems from the PSU, but in general modern gpus can moderate their own power limits very well so I find that hard to believe. You should make sure your power supply can put out enough power for the GPU if it's on a separate rail, or if it's a single rail unit, it can output enough power for your system. Don't believe the wattage on the box, actually look at what the 12v rating is. A unit that old may very well be group regulated and can cause performance issues since most modern PCs rely on the 12v rail(s) and not the 5v or 3.3v rails.

I'm by no means an PSU expert but it may be worth a try. a 7 year old PSU may be needing replacement anyway if it's out of warranty or just getting old.

Daily Driver: Asus ROG Flow X13 - 5900HS/3050 Ti

Primary Desktop: NCase M1 - 5800X3D/RX 6950XT

Travel PC: Fractal Terra - 5800X/RTX 3060 Ti

I have too many computers. List here.

9 hours ago, ShadowChaser said:

it is possible for your gpu to be running into a power limitation that stems from the PSU, but in general modern gpus can moderate their own power limits very well so I find that hard to believe. You should make sure your power supply can put out enough power for the GPU if it's on a separate rail, or if it's a single rail unit, it can output enough power for your system. Don't believe the wattage on the box, actually look at what the 12v rating is. A unit that old may very well be group regulated and can cause performance issues since most modern PCs rely on the 12v rail(s) and not the 5v or 3.3v rails.

I'm by no means an PSU expert but it may be worth a try. a 7 year old PSU may be needing replacement anyway if it's out of warranty or just getting old.

TY. the 12v rail is 450watt and i will replace the PSU but i should know the probleme so i can fix both. if its not PSU causes the problem, then what is it??

8 hours ago, MHN15321383 said:

TY. the 12v rail is 450watt and i will replace the PSU but i should know the probleme so i can fix both. if its not PSU causes the problem, then what is it??

I'm running a 1070Ti and an i7 on 450W, so you should have no problem. When you get stutters you should check and see if you are running into some sort of power/thermal limit, or just straight up bottlenecking, which is possible given your CPU choice.

its not bottleneck cuz when i limit the frame to 30 or even 15 i still have stutter and today when i installed warframe (its really light game) i have some small issues 

5 hours ago, ShadowChaser said:

I'm running a 1070Ti and an i7 on 450W, so you should have no problem. When you get stutters you should check and see if you are running into some sort of power/thermal limit, or just straight up bottlenecking, which is possible given your CPU choice.

i watched a gameplay at youtube (cod warzone) he had a i5-3570k and a 1070 ti and he was running on 1080p ultrasetting without any issue 

i was searching i came to this

Idle is around 32W and maximum power consumption hits just under 88W in our test bed. The solid part about the Intel Core i3-8100 is that it is able to power machines at under 1A in 110V or 120V racks

my i3 in games uses max 32 watt when i monitor with msi after burner

does this mean anything?

and i want to but a /580 bronze 80 plus PSU with 580 watt 12v / is that good?

10 hours ago, MHN15321383 said:

i was searching i came to this

Idle is around 32W and maximum power consumption hits just under 88W in our test bed. The solid part about the Intel Core i3-8100 is that it is able to power machines at under 1A in 110V or 120V racks

my i3 in games uses max 32 watt when i monitor with msi after burner

does this mean anything?

and i want to but a /580 bronze 80 plus PSU with 580 watt 12v / is that good?

Sounds like your CPU isn't running at its max speed. Is it at 3.6 Ghz when you play games? Your temps seem fine but it should definitely be pulling close to its tdp, if not more in a gaming workload.

i get 3.6x on all cores and 100% usage but i think because of temp its not using all power and overheating.