Skype noise gate

flimsy888

Anyone know how I can make a noisegate for Skype so people can't hear me typing?

i7-4770K, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB, Samsung 840 120GB, 2xSeagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX Cooler, NZXT Phantom 820, Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Gold, 2xASUS VH238H Build Log- http://bit.ly/1bWZKu6

you want people to hear you type? I thought the goal was the opposite...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

you want people to hear you type? I thought the goal was the opposite...

Sorry typo...meant can't
 i7-4770K, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB, Samsung 840 120GB, 2xSeagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX Cooler, NZXT Phantom 820, Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Gold, 2xASUS VH238H Build Log- http://bit.ly/1bWZKu6

Sorry typo...meant can't

what kind of mic are you using?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

what kind of mic are you using?

Blue yeti...but considering upgrading to a line 6 ux2 and a at2035..

Blue yeti...but considering upgrading to a line 6 ux2 and a at2035..

are you using any software? you can try taking out some of the high end, that could work.

Hail Sithis!

are you using any software? you can try taking out some of the high end, that could work.

What software would you reccomend?

There's nothing free, and nothing cheap that'd take care of keyboard noise.

- Signed, PTT master race.

What software would you reccomend?

you should be able to change eq settings in your onboard audio software.

Hail Sithis!

There's nothing free, and nothing cheap that'd take care of keyboard noise.

- Signed, PTT master race.

What about an external amp like the line 6 ux2?

What about an external amp links the line 6 ux2?

Like I said, not cheap!  :D

When looking at mic preamps, you'd need to find one specifically with an adjustable noise gate feature - not all of them have that functionality. I don't see it in the UX2's feature list.

Easiest thing to do is convince your buddies to switch to teamspeak/mumble/vent which all have noise gates for voice activation detecction.

Like I said, not cheap! :D

When looking at mic preamps, you'd need to find one specifically with an adjustable noise gate feature - not all of them have that functionality. I don't see it in the UX2's feature list.

Easiest thing to do is convince your buddies to switch to teamspeak/mumble/vent which all have noise gates for voice activation detecction.

I know it's not cheap...but if anyone can figure out if it'll work...I'll be happy.

Push to talk for sure.

I've designed my own switch to be used for push to talk, it's a similar setup to the stinky board but I made it for less than $10, works quite well.

#!

Push to talk for sure.

I've designed my own switch to be used for push to talk, it's a similar setup to the stinky board but I made it for less than $10, works quite well.

I can haz bootyful DIY thread wid pix pl0x?

I can haz bootyful DIY thread wid pix pl0x?

Heh, yep, when I've got some time, I think I took photos of the process.. I hope. Since my S2 died I haven't got a camera at the moment, I'm sure I'll be able to throw something together though.

#!

Push to talk for sure.

Not really an option as when I game I don't have the coordination to press the foot pedal.

Not really an option as when I game I don't have the coordination to press the foot pedal.

Do you have a multi function mouse? Map the button to an unused slot on your mouse? But I guess if you don't have the coordination to do that, then I'm not sure that'd help either. I'm just trying to think of the cheapest solution for you.

#!

• 1 year later...
20 minutes ago, AllTernative said:

Noisegator does however not work with Windows versions greater than Windows 8.1 (and maybe even 8).

http://sourceforge.net/p/noisegator/tickets/9/

WEll when I googled audio gate computer to find noisegator there were plenty other piece of software doing similar things.

The Dick of the audio page!

Well, then please go ahead and post some, I didn't find any working solutions.