Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GodOfKnockers

Can I upgrade hardware after I reinstall Windows 10?

Most of the time its just the mainboards that is a problem if you change it. If you are only using one Microsoft account just link the Win key to the account so im using the same key since win 7 launched.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I recently got new Hard drives for my PC. I'm going to have to reinstall Windows 10 Pro and and deal with activation.

My problem is that I have additional hardware coming but It won't arrive until mid-June, and I need to install the drives by next week for a work project I'm about to start.

I can't wait to install 

 

The question is can I install the drives and Windows 10 now and then install the rest later without having issues with Win 10 activation?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GodOfKnockers said:

I recently got new Hard drives for my PC. I'm going to have to reinstall Windows 10 Pro and and deal with activation.

My problem is that I have additional hardware coming but It won't arrive until mid-June, and I need to install the drives by next week for a work project I'm about to start.

I can't wait to install 

 

The question is can I install the drives and Windows 10 now and then install the rest later without having issues with Win 10 activation?

There shouldn't be any problem unless the os is an OEM version for some reason. Odds are though that it's not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Starelementpoke said:

There shouldn't be any problem unless the os is an OEM version for some reason. Odds are though that it's not.

The version of Windows 10 pro I have, is from when Microsoft was offering it as a free upgrade for free for a year, so not OEM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GodOfKnockers said:

The version of Windows 10 pro I have, is from when Microsoft was offering it as a free upgrade for free for a year, so not OEM.

Then yeah, you should be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Best Answer

Most of the time its just the mainboards that is a problem if you change it. If you are only using one Microsoft account just link the Win key to the account so im using the same key since win 7 launched.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×