Power cleaner for single electronics?

nightmarevoid

This is a strange story to be sure. My mom went to India a couple moths ago for a funeral. Stupid, I know, but she managed to get a repatriation flight back and was COVID-19 free after two weeks of self quarantine. Anyways, when she returned she said that her laptop couldn't hold a charge anymore. I checked, and her power supply is automatically switching between voltages and frequencies. What I can surmise is that the dirty wall power in India may have fried her battery and maybe power supply. She said that power outages were extremely common, and that most houses there have generators to run things when the power goes out for too long. She also said that the outlets would spark badly when inserting or removing electronics. 

This whole thing got me thinking, are there power cleaners for single electronics? I don't know how large it would have to be, but I was thinking something along the lines of a UPS but for a single device, using a high capacity capacitor and insulated connectors to stop sparking. It would be worthwhile I think, for the purpose of saving electronics.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

28 minutes ago, nightmarevoid said:

This is a strange story to be sure. My mom went to India a couple moths ago for a funeral. Stupid, I know, but she managed to get a repatriation flight back and was COVID-19 free after two weeks of self quarantine. Anyways, when she returned she said that her laptop couldn't hold a charge anymore. I checked, and her power supply is automatically switching between voltages and frequencies. What I can surmise is that the dirty wall power in India may have fried her battery and maybe power supply. She said that power outages were extremely common, and that most houses there have generators to run things when the power goes out for too long. She also said that the outlets would spark badly when inserting or removing electronics. 

This whole thing got me thinking, are there power cleaners for single electronics? I don't know how large it would have to be, but I was thinking something along the lines of a UPS but for a single device, using a high capacity capacitor and insulated connectors to stop sparking. It would be worthwhile I think, for the purpose of saving electronics.

I looked for such things long ago.  The only stuff I could find was either industrial and designed for mainframes or whole house residential.  I use a UPS as a sort of garbage power cleaner because I can’t get anything better.  I’d like to though.  Cost was a big one. I couldn’t find anything under five grand.  I would have laid a couple hundred out for a single machine device in A heartbeat though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.