Do USB 3.1 Gen1 Headers work with 3.2 type-A USB ports?

Go to solution Solved by minibois,
2 minutes ago, Dan Flame said:

Yes! Im trying to connect my case's front USB to my Motherboard, And im planning on getting the NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case

and MSI B360 Gaming Plus Motherboard

Do you mean the H500 or H510?

The H500 only has USB 3.2 Gen 1 (also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1 or simple USB 3.0).

Your board has the header here:

image.png.000775d791c5f9c5447a88cbb6955a2d.png

I asked if you're gonna usethe H500 or H510, because the H510's USB Type C requires a different header:

image.thumb.png.1fdc1bfb9ab479ad820fdb8dcdffc63d.png

H500: only needs the blue/larger one

H510: needs both. Your board only has a single blue/larger one.

TL;DR: if you're gonna use the H500 case (not H510), your board has the right connector.

Hello! I've been researching the parts to make a computer but I just wanted to know if USB 3.1 Gen1 Headers work with USB 3.2 type-A ports? Or do i have to buy some adapters to make it work?

8 minutes ago, Dan Flame said:

Hello! I've been researching the parts to make a computer but I just wanted to know if USB 3.1 Gen1 Headers work with USB 3.2 type-A ports? Or do i have to buy some adapters to make it work?

Can you give some more information on what you're trying to do?
Are you trying to connect a case's front USB to a motherboard? Can you tell us what motherboard+case you plan on getting?

Typically front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2/3.1 Gen 2 uses a different connector compared to 3.2 Gen 1/3.1 Gen 1/3.0.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

Can you give some more information on what you're trying to do?
Are you trying to connect a case's front USB to a motherboard? Can you tell us what motherboard+case you plan on getting?

Typically front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2/3.1 Gen 2 uses a different connector compared to 3.2 Gen 1/3.1 Gen 1/3.0.

Yes! Im trying to connect my case's front USB to my Motherboard, And im planning on getting the NZXT H500 ATX Mid Tower Case

2 minutes ago, Dan Flame said:

Do you mean the H500 or H510?

The H500 only has USB 3.2 Gen 1 (also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1 or simple USB 3.0).

Your board has the header here:

image.png.000775d791c5f9c5447a88cbb6955a2d.png

I asked if you're gonna usethe H500 or H510, because the H510's USB Type C requires a different header:

image.thumb.png.1fdc1bfb9ab479ad820fdb8dcdffc63d.png

H500: only needs the blue/larger one

H510: needs both. Your board only has a single blue/larger one.

TL;DR: if you're gonna use the H500 case (not H510), your board has the right connector.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/