Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joshua Mitchell

usb-c female to 3.5mm jack male

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hey I just got a new pair of AKG headphones with the samsung galaxy and unfortunately they connect straight to usb-c. I want a way to plug these earphones into other sources besides my phone (such as my pc) but I'm not able to find an adapter that goes from female usb-c to male 3.5mm jack. Anyone able to help?

Pretty sure there's no such adapter. You can go USB-C to 3.5 mm jack but not the other way round. If you don't have a USB-C port on your PC, I guess you could get an adapter that converts USB-A to USB-C and then plug the headphones into that?

2 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Don't think that's what OP wants. OP wants to convert the 3.5mm headphone jack on their PC to a USB-C socket their headphone could plug into.

Remember to quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

2 minutes ago, Joshua Mitchell said:

Thanks but I'm after a usb-c female connector

Yeah, there's no such thing.

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

Pretty sure there's no such adapter. You can go USB-C to 3.5 mm jack but not the other way round. If you don't have a USB-C port on your PC, I guess you could get an adapter that converts USB-A to USB-C and then plug the headphones into that?

Don't think that's what OP wants. OP wants to convert the 3.5mm headphone jack on their PC to a USB-C socket their headphone could plug into.

Ah didn't think of going from usb 3 to usb-c. Awesome thanks so much :)

I don't think you're sure what your're looking for.

USB is a digital connection and headphones are analog devices meaning there has to be some digital to analog conversion.

USB-C to 3.5mm female jack adapters do just that.

In your case, you'd want it to be the other way around, adding an additional analog to digital conversion.

You won't find an adapter that works. Not really.

You might want to plug the headphones to a USB type-c on the case/motherboard, that would probably work if your mbo supports/features type-c.

Or you might need a USB 3.0 (male) to usb type-C (female) adapter. Those are cheap.