COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul

U.S. regulators have approved a new type of coronavirus test that administration officials have promoted as a key to opening up the country. The Food and Drug Administration on Saturday announced emergency authorization for antigen tests developed by Quidel Corp. of San Diego. The test can rapidly detect fragments of virus proteins in samples collected from swabs swiped inside the nasal cavity, the FDA said in a statement. The antigen test is the third type of test to be authorized by the FDA.

Antigen tests can diagnose active infections by detecting the earliest toxic traces of the virus rather than genetic code of the virus itself. The FDA said that it expects to authorize more antigen tests in the future.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/nation/story/2020-05-09/us-approves-new-coronavirus-antigen-test-with-fast-results

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

5 hours ago, PhantomJaguar77 said:

Hope that dramatically expands testing.  A large reason for the lockdown is simply that it's impractical to test enough people to definitively limit the spread.  If you could get to the point where you knew exactly who had to stay home... well, you could fling the doors wide open, since you'd know that everyone in the public space was healthy.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/9/21253127/elon-musk-lawsuit-alameda-coronavirus-tesla-fremont-lockdown

After Alameda County health officials cautioned Tesla against reopening its California car factory yesterday, CEO Elon Musk tweeted today that the company would sue the county and move its headquarters out of state. Hours later, Tesla’s attorneys filed suit in US District Court in the Northern District of California seeking an injunction against the county’s shelter-in-place order, because it “contradicts the Governor’s Order to the extent it restricts the operation of business operating in the federal critical infrastructure sectors.”

“Tesla is filing a lawsuit against Alameda County immediately,” Musk said on Twitter. “The unelected & ignorant ‘interim Health Officer’ of Alameda is acting contrary to the Governor, the President, our Constitutional freedoms & just plain common sense!”

Musk has been a vocal critic of coronavirus shelter-in-place orders, saying at the company’s April 29th earnings call that such restrictions were “fascist” and not democratic. “We are a bit worried about not being able to resume production in the Bay Area, and that should be identified as a serious risk,” Musk said. He also urged supporters on Twitter to “please voice your disagreement as strongly as possible with Alameda County.”

An Alameda County spokesperson said in a statement to The Verge on Saturday that the county Health Care Services Agency and Public Health Department have been “communicating directly and working closely with the Tesla team on the ground in Fremont. This has been a collaborative, good faith effort to develop and implement a safety plan that allows for reopening while protecting the health and well-being of the thousands of employees who travel to and from work at Tesla’s factory.”

Geeez, never thought it would go this far. Do you think he will actually move it if Tesla can't remain open

Please tag me @Windows9 so I can see your reply

Necessary "Lets keep this civilized" comment here.

Losing Tesla, though impactful, wouldn't kill Cali. They still have all of silicon valley, and losing one wouldn't kill anybody. The losers would be Tesla's employees being unemployed.

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Just now, SenKa said:

Losing Tesla, though impactful, wouldn't kill Cali. They still have all of silicon valley, and losing one wouldn't kill anybody. The losers would be Tesla's employees being unemployed

They'll lose a lot of tax money

Please tag me @Windows9 so I can see your reply

5 minutes ago, Windows9 said:

Geeez, never thought it would go this far. Do you think he will actually move it if Tesla can't remain open

I don't think he'll move the HQ, but I think the company would pay a lot less in taxes if it moved to Texas for example, and I'm sure people over there would appreciate those jobs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

6 minutes ago, Windows9 said:

They'll lose a lot of tax money

Agreed. This isn't about jobs. It's about taxes. The factory won't move (they can't afford to lose the production capacity). The HQ might. Even that isn't that simple, as Silicon Valley is a HUGE market for employing tech workers that Tesla needs. 

Honestly, this comes off as another whiney Elon Musk rant. For as much as I like what he is achieving - I really hate his shitty attitude. 

7 minutes ago, descendency said:

Agreed. This isn't about jobs. It's about taxes. The factory won't move (they can't afford to lose the production capacity). The HQ might. Even that isn't that simple, as Silicon Valley is a HUGE market for employing tech workers that Tesla needs. 

Honestly, this comes off as another whiney Elon Musk rant. For as much as I like what he is achieving - I really hate his shitty attitude. 

You have a point, for tech workers, since I lot of them go to Cali to do just that. But lets not forget Texas got a lot of great tech workers as well. Just not as plentiful as Cali, the tech worker magnet. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Why even be in Shitafornia anyway? Higher taxes than Jamaica on 4/20, Government more stupid than some of the trolls on 4chan, and with weather that's too hot to boot. Just find a nice big ass field, claim it, declare it independent from the state, then file for statehood with the federal government. Then you can form your own - no bullshit - state government and profit.

Nevada is turning into Cali as that's where all the residence are moving out of and to (exodus from Cali to Nevada)

Money is on Texas. It's very business friendly with no state income tax and is the only state in the mainland with its own electric grid. Meaning no brownout or other infrastructural issues that Cali is facing from poor public polices enacted in the past.

4 hours ago, Commodus said:

Hope that dramatically expands testing.  A large reason for the lockdown is simply that it's impractical to test enough people to definitively limit the spread.  If you could get to the point where you knew exactly who had to stay home... well, you could fling the doors wide open, since you'd know that everyone in the public space was healthy.

Contact tracing would probably be quicker too when it comes to faster test results of the infected by spreaders. This story just speaks “ I told you so” vibes in my State:

A birthday party was behind a cluster of coronavirus cases in Pasadena, California, according to health officials.

A "large number" of extended family members and friends were at the party, the Pasadena Public Health Department said in a news release, adding the event took place after the city issued a stay-at-home order in March. One patient at the party was coughing and not wearing a face covering, health officials said, and other party guests were also not covering their face or social distancing.

Through contact tracing, investigators were able to identify more than five confirmed coronavirus cases from the party and "many more ill individuals," according to the health department.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/10/us/california-birthday-party-coronavirus/index.html

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

19 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Why even be in Shitafornia anyway?

with weather that's too hot to boot.

Just find a nice big ass field, claim it, declare it independent from the state, then file for statehood with the federal government. Then you can form your own - no bullshit - state government and profit.

because that is where there was a large factory with lots of knowledgeable people.

It really isn't bad out here and I don't have to own a single coat, the factory is in an area that maybe gets to 95 during out heatwaves in the summer

that isn't happening very funny, no state would let that happen.

4 minutes ago, StDragon said:

Money is on Texas. It's very business friendly with no state income tax and is the only state in the mainland with its own electric grid. Meaning no brownout or other infrastructural issues that Cali is facing from poor public polices enacted in the past.

given the cost to build such a large plant and then the longer and more costly shipping from Nevada I doubt it.

PG&E is going to get their shit fixed. it wasn't bad public policy it was PG&E being a for profit company who cared more about stock over maintaining.

To say the least I'm not very happy with his overall actions around this virus. Ether he really doesn't care about human life or he is so worried this will hurt tesla he is just going to try and force the county to bow to him. I don't see other big companies in the area throwing fits, from the 2 government labs or the dozens of IT/OEMs

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

11 hours ago, Windows9 said:

Do you think he will actually move it if Tesla can't remain open

Considering his recent behavior (you know, forcing workers to come in during the pandemic) and his past union busting I have no doubt he'll just do whatever is best for his pockets with no regard for morality.

I mean, the guy is straight up just throwing a fit because if he can't meet production goals he set last year he won't get a pay bonus as CEO - and he's a friggin billionaire.

10 hours ago, TempestCatto said:

Then you can form your own - no bullshit - state government and profit.

For like 5 minutes, after which either you get invaded by literally everyone at the same time and get stripped of everything or you get locked out of neighboring states and go bankrupt anyway. Private property only exists because the government has the power to enforce it.

Also what is he going to do, cash out $22 billion at the local bank so as to not depend on the surrounding states? What about customs controls and fees when someone tries to carry some of that cash in or out of his new factory state? What about supplies?

Oh, and Tesla only exists today thanks to government subsidies and incentives, in other words the tax money of the people Musk is threatening to fire.

9 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

Ether he really doesn't care about human life or he is so worried this will hurt tesla

Those are one and the same in this situation. He cares more about his juicy CEO production bonuses than human life which, considering he's a billionaire, must be not much at all.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

4 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

PG&E is going to get their shit fixed. it wasn't bad public policy it was PG&E being a for profit company who cared more about stock over maintaining.

We don't have these systemic problems in Texas 😕. We have the occasional brownouts from heatwaves, but they're not big issues as ERCOT manages it well.

The problem with Cali is all the environmental regulation that prevents clearing out overgrowth. The folks that live in that state need to get with their officials in resolving these problems. Otherwise, they can live with them. It's their state, not mine. So, I really don't care one way or the other to be frank about it.

Just now, StDragon said:

We don't have these systemic problems in Texas 😕. We have the occasional brownouts from heatwaves, but they're not big issues as ERCOT manages it well.

The problem with Cali is all the environmental regulation that prevents clearing out overgrowth. The folks that live in that state need to get with their officials in resolving these problems. Otherwise, they can live with them. It's their state, not mine. So, I really don't care one way or the other to be frank about it.

I'll say this given PG&E is in charge of lots of infrastructure originally planned and built in the 1940s for the war that has to run over the sierras. They are losing a lot of money and pissing off a lot of big customers like data centers and the 2 government research labs here who both run large supercomputers. They will get it fixed.

There is nothing that stops PG&E from cleaning out overgrowth affecting lines, they just didn't do it.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

And he'd get the money for a new factory from where? As we head into a rather nasty recession I can't imagine selling a car plant will be easy, so they could be sitting on a factory they're not using for an interminable period?  He's just having another toddler tantrum (not a great look for a 40-something man), I doubt he'll follow through. 

I do wonder how much his outbursts damage the Tesla brand?

I believe that in 200 years time, history will look upon this time as an incident where the world overreacted and media hyped up a panic. They will find, after the fact when hindsight is always 2020 (forgive the pun), that this was just another run of the mill virus that we should have treated no differently than the annual flu. As a matter of fact, this virus is one of many coronaviruses that will continue to live on this earth.

SARS and the particularly nasty MERS are rare in comparison to the other 4 which we now know as the common cold. COVID-19 for all of its bluster, we will have to learn to live with and with such a low fatality rate we are now finding, it will likely end up categorized as a cold virus as well.

Thus, closing up shop cost as many lives if not more than letting the virus run loose in terms of hunger, abandoning the elderly in retirement homes, and domestic violence, for instance, but also caused undue economic hardship and again strengthened the standing of the rich - directly via hidden tax breaks in the CARES Act and indirectly via turning the labor market from a low unemployment wages rising situation to an employers' market.

So, why does this happen? Fear. Humanity is addicted to it. No, I'm not just going to lazily reference scary movies as my only argument but they are an example. We love to sit in the safety of our homes and participate in this stuff, it is a controlled environment where we know that we are safe but can experience the rush of dopamines and adrenaline nonetheless. I began to really notice and think about this phenomenon almost immediately. News stations were coronavirus 24/7. Now, they call it COVID-19 as they are a little more informed but fear sells so death tolls must be publicized. They try to focus on the scariest stats and people sat and watched it for hours. Addicted.

11 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

I believe that in 200 years time, history will look upon this time as an incident where the world overreacted and media hyped up a panic. They will find, after the fact when hindsight is always 2020 (forgive the pun), that this was just another run of the mill virus that we should have treated no differently than the annual flu. As a matter of fact, this virus is one of many coronaviruses that will continue to live on this earth.

SARS and the particularly nasty MERS are rare in comparison to the other 4 which we now know as the common cold. COVID-19 for all of its bluster, we will have to learn to live with and with such a low fatality rate we are now finding, it will likely end up categorized as a cold virus as well.

Thus, closing up shop cost as many lives if not more than letting the virus run loose in terms of hunger, abandoning the elderly in retirement homes, and domestic violence, for instance, but also caused undue economic hardship and again strengthened the standing of the rich - directly via hidden tax breaks in the CARES Act and indirectly via turning the labor market from a low unemployment wages rising situation to an employers' market.

So, why does this happen? Fear. Humanity is addicted to it. No, I'm not just going to lazily reference scary movies as my only argument but they are an example. We love to sit in the safety of our homes and participate in this stuff, it is a controlled environment where we know that we are safe but can experience the rush of dopamines and adrenaline nonetheless. I began to really notice and think about this phenomenon almost immediately. News stations were coronavirus 24/7. Now, they call it COVID-19 as they are a little more informed but fear sells so death tolls must be publicized. They try to focus on the scariest stats and people sat and watched it for hours. Addicted.

I’ve seen science fiction from 200 years ago talking about what they thought of would be around today.  I don’t feel a lot like a morlock.  

If I had to predict what humanity would be doing in 200 years I would say there’s a really good chance there won’t be any. 

A lot of it comes down to how a government wants to play things.  The history of the American revolutionary war is taught in both britian and the USA.  In britian it’s considered a footnote in a much larger war.  Cornwallis did a whole bunch of stuff besides surrender at Yorktown.  The information is very different.  I suppose with enough revisionist history your version might win out.  Much like George Washington felling a cherry tree and never telling a lie and stuff.  Cult of personality monarchy garbage has a way of sticking around.  

a run of the mill virus no different than the annual flu you say.  The virus has killed as many Americans since March as the entire Vietnam war did in its many years.  You saying America loses more people to flu every season than the did to the entire Vietnam war?  An interesting take.  You’d think someone would have mentioned that statististic.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

28 minutes ago, Rakanoth said:

Thus, closing up shop cost as many lives if not more than letting the virus run loose in terms of hunger, abandoning the elderly in retirement homes, and domestic violence, for instance, but also caused undue economic hardshipet.

This has been proven factually wrong, several times in this debate.    In times of hardship and closing up of business,  the overall mortality rates drops significantly,  It drops so much that when you take into account increased suicides and family violence the mortality rates is still orders lower than normal day to day operations.  Given the US death toll has not changed (maybe down a smidge), one can only conclude that corona virus itself is killing more people than slowing of the economy is saving.  It is literally a high death situation no matter how you spin this.   The only difference is that you will kill many more people by ignoring it than you will through financial hardship trying to deal with it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

2 hours ago, SenKa said:

The losers would be Tesla's employees being unemployed.

They could move with the company

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

1 hour ago, StDragon said:

the only state in the mainland with its own electric grid.

Does that mean the power company is owned by the state? Here in CA PG&E is not owned by the state.

• My system specs
  • View 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition, No PSU, XL-ATX, Black, Full Tower Case
  • ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, E-ATX Motherboard
  • Core™ i9-9900K 8-Core 3.6 - 5.0GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  • GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti OC ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING, 1350 - 1665MHz, 11GB GDDR6, Graphics Card
  • ROG RYUJIN 360, 360mm Radiator, Liquid Cooling System
  • 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
  • AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W, Fanless Mode, Fully Modular, ATX Power Supply
  • Formula 7, 4g, 8.3 (W/m-K), Nano Diamond, Thermal Compound
  • On AIO cooler 6 x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 120x120x25mm 4Pin Fibre-glass SSO2 Heptaperf Retail
  • 6 x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM, 158.5 CFM, 41.3 dBA, Cooling Fan
  • 1TB 970 PRO 2280, 3500 / 2700 MB/s, V-NAND 2-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
  • Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset
  • ROG PG279Q
  • Corsair K95 Platinum XT
  • ROG Sica

33 minutes ago, Not_A_Spider said:

Set up shop in Detroit, make them a car giant again. The city would probably pay him to move in.

with what money. yes areas like Detroit and flint have large factories and a workforce available but your missing the technical people and those places don't exactly have lots of spare cash to give out big tax breaks.

1 hour ago, Monkey Dust said:

I do wonder how much his outbursts damage the Tesla brand?

this has only seemed to drive the brands stock up

13 minutes ago, Thomas001 said:

Does that mean the power company is owned by the state? Here in CA PG&E is not owned by the state.

The state of Texas doesn't own or operate power generation. The Texas Interconnection grid by itself is managed by ERCOT. It was isolated to just Texas for political reasons so as to not have Federal regulatory oversight.

Also, I stand corrected. Looks like the state of Florida has something similar going on too.