COVID-19 - READ THE RULES BEFORE REPLYING

WkdPaul
2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

:D

Yeah, I get it, love the business he started, just can't stand his non-sense (couldn't watch the whole JR interview).

You're the only one, yes.

I HATE fucking masks, I wear glasses and unless I have an actual respirator (like this ; https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Medium-Paint-Project-Respirator-Mask-6211PA1-A/100653900) I ALWAYS get some sort of fog in my lenses and can't see shit, especially now with colder temps, it makes the glasses fog easily.

I have yet found a face mask that doesn't leak air from the top.

The best ones I've found so far are from "Sendusmasks"

https://sendusmasks.com/products/cloth-face-covers

They still occasionally fog up my glasses, but they're the best ones I've found so far.

One of my friends is a front-line essential worker that has to wear her mask all day at work, and she recommends using skin safe glue (I forget exactly what kind she was talking about - sock glue or something like that).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 minutes ago, Devilish said:

Ive seen some glasses friendly masks that have a sort of bridge on the nose have you tried those? I don't wear glasses so I'm not gonna be much help sorry :C

Those nose bridge pieces are a bare minimum requirement for glasses wearers. If the mask doesn't have one, there's no chance at all of dealing with the fog.

Even with the bridge piece, most masks still suck in this regard.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

*snip*

I have those blue "surgical' mask from Costco with the metal piece on the nose bridge, the ones from Costco have a longer metal piece, so they seal better around the nose. But it's not perfect and they'll still fog up my glasses at random times and need readjusting, which isn't good (you're NOT supposed to touch your face).

As for the glue tip, I'm working from home and only to wear a mask when I go out, mostly just a few minutes at a time, max 30 minutes. So it's not really a solution, unfortunately :(

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

28 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

:D

Yeah, I get it, love the business he started, just can't stand his non-sense (couldn't watch the whole JR interview).

You're the only one, yes.

I HATE fucking masks, I wear glasses and unless I have an actual respirator (like this ; https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Medium-Paint-Project-Respirator-Mask-6211PA1-A/100653900) I ALWAYS get some sort of fog in my lenses and can't see shit, especially now with colder temps, it makes the glasses fog easily.

I have yet found a face mask that doesn't leak air from the top.

34 minutes ago, Devilish said:

God I hate elon lol but I'm not gonna go into that because thats a 100 page essay I don't have time for.

Also, am I the only one who likes wearing a mask? Like I could wear this for as long as I need too, I think its comfy.

Washington is slowly but looking like its going to have to be shut down again, if it has to I say we should go for it.

i ordered a pokemon mask so im going to enjoy wearing masks more after i get it

image.png.9f031d130ede54b56fc948711bd3faa3.png

58 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

I like what he's trying to do with electric cars, electrical grid and self sufficiency, and space exploration, but that's it. His antics and him pushing conspiracy about COVID is why I stopped following him. Seems like he can't apply his genius outside of his business ideas.

am i missing something lol? i haven't seen him spreading a conspiracy but then again everything i get is second hand, i don't use twitter instagram etc.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

14 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

am i missing something lol? i haven't seen him spreading a conspiracy but then again everything i get is second hand, i don't use twitter instagram etc.

He's in the anti-mask-reopen-everything-now group, pretty sure roaming his twitter will quickly expose that. He also said the pyramids were built by aliens, he called a rescuer a pedo, etc...

His defense is that he's just trolling, but I for one never understood trolling ... it's not funny, it's not obvious (been on Facebook lately? There's literally THOUSANDS of people that are unironically peddling stupid and dangerous opinions daily), and just make the poster look like an immature dumbass.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, wkdpaul said:

He also said the pyramids were built by aliens

you should actually look into this

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

He's in the anti-mask-reopen-everything-now group

damb i really didnt expect this out of him, wasn't he using tesla facilities to produce masks at the start of covid?

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

His defense is that he's just trolling, but I for one never understood trolling ... it's not funny, it's not obvious (been on Facebook lately? There's literally THOUSANDS of people that are unironically peddling stupid and dangerous opinions daily), and just make the poster look like an immature dumbass.

sounds like he hasnt grown up lol, and this is also one of the main reasons why i don't use twitter facebook etc. its all just become a bunch of shit that makes me mad

AMD blackout rig

22 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

you should actually look into this

Why? The Pyramids aren't some fantastical thing that just came into existence out of nowhere. There's plenty of evidence of the slow, gradual evolution of pyramid technology over thousands of years leading up to the great pyramids.

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Why? The Pyramids aren't some fantastical thing that just came into existence out of nowhere. There's plenty of evidence of the slow, gradual evolution of pyramid technology over thousands of years leading up to the great pyramids.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_correlation_theory#:~:text=The basis of this theory,stars appeared in 10%2C000 BC.

i was saying more to the orion correlation theory than them being made by aliens, the orion correlation theory is the base of the conspiracy, yet contains nothing about aliens

AMD blackout rig

3 minutes ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orion_correlation_theory#:~:text=The basis of this theory,stars appeared in 10%2C000 BC.

i was saying more to the orion correlation theory than them being made by aliens, the orion correlation theory is the base of the conspiracy, yet contains nothing about aliens

A History podcast I listen to actually discussed that exact theory:

https://ourfakehistory.com/index.php/season-5/

Episodes 97, 98, and 99 cover this. In short, the correlation is entirely coincidence. Why? Because if it wasn't, it would be more exact. For one thing, the line bends Northwards on the ground, while the orion's belt bends southwards - hell, in the original book about this theory, the authors literally inverted the map of the pyramids to make it "look" like it matches closer than it really does.

Alien or not, the Orion correlation theory is bunk.

Just now, SpaceGhostC2C said:

[citation needed]

:P

I think just listening to him talk about Rocket science is enough for that. A guy who started out as a software developer, and it's very clear he has a deep, engineering level understanding of the science and engineering behind the SpaceX rockets and engines. When you get someone that can get him to talk, it's clear that his gears are working much faster in this regard then normal people.

One thing that people make the mistake of when interviewing him, is trying to fill the silence. Musk has a tendency to contemplate the question he's been asked before he formulates an answer - particularly if it's a complex or difficult question. He pauses, considers, then jumps into an answer (often in great depth).

Most interviewers will fill that silence, which prevents him from giving more in depth answers.

With that in mind, he's for sure a D-Bag in a lot of ways.

3 hours ago, Donut417 said:

He pointed out some issues we have with testing. False negatives and false positives are an issue. Sounds like the testing they are using needs to be replaced. Because this just inflates numbers and gives the CDC less accurate numbers to go by. 

False positives and false negatives are an issue for any testing, even PCR. (especially PCR). He should know better. 

We passed one million Covid cases in my state. Governors on the west coast issued traveler advisories in that traveling should only be for essential needs. Hah. Right before Thanksgiving. 

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

He should know better. 

The point I was making, if the testing methods don’t work at 99.9% then we shouldn’t be relying on them. 

On another note one of our Anti masker customers told my boss “Fuck You” when asked to put a mask on. So the boss called his boss and the talked to the director of Sales. Pretty sure this customer is banned from Will Call ordering. Customer knew he fucked up and tried apologizing, my boss wasn’t having it. I guess this was the fourth time this week my boss had to tell him to wear a mask. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

The point I was making, if the testing methods don’t work at 99.9% then we shouldn’t be relying on them. 

Unfortunately we don't have good data on the specific accuracy of the PCR test.

This Harvard paper goes into some of the known details:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/which-test-is-best-for-covid-19-2020081020734

The reported rate of false negatives is as low as 2% and as high as 37%.

Reference: https://www.bmj.com/content/bmj/369/bmj.m1808.full.pdf

The false positive rate — that is, how often the test says you have the virus when you actually do not — should be close to zero. Most false-positive results are thought to be due to lab contamination or other problems with how the lab has performed the test, not limitations of the test itself.

So according to Harvard, the False Negative rate is very variable, but the false positive result should be near zero, aside from operator error and lab contamination. I doubt we'll get a solid number on that for a year or two yet.

So it's all well and good that you think it should be 99.9% accurate, but that's not realistic or practical. Plenty of tests that we otherwise rely on have accuracies that are not necessarily approaching 99.9%.

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

On another note one of our Anti masker customers told my boss “Fuck You” when asked to put a mask on. So the boss called his boss and the talked to the director of Sales. Pretty sure this customer is banned from Will Call ordering. Customer knew he fucked up and tried apologizing, my boss wasn’t having it. I guess this was the fourth time this week my boss had to tell him to wear a mask. 

Like, I get it - if you don't like wearing a mask or don't believe in COVID - but don't be a selfish prick - wear the mask anyway, even if it's just to placate and put at ease those around you. Glad your management stood up against him.

1 hour ago, dalekphalm said:

ike, I get it - if you don't like wearing a mask or don't believe in COVID - but don't be a selfish prick - wear the mask anyway, even if it's just to placate and put at ease those around you. Glad your management stood up against him.

Talked to the boss about it. He told the guy if he was 10 years younger that he would have jumped the counter and beat the shit out of him.  Its a sad sad world we live in. Needless to say he wont be back. Doesn't break our hearts any. 

Texas is getting hit hard, the Senators just dont want to do anything so some will blame the feds for Senators inactions.

As for antimaskers, be afraid some are in government positions and tweeting about it.

Should be call the cops so the offender can get colored papers handed to them in store/premises.

#FineThem

7 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Talked to the boss about it. He told the guy if he was 10 years younger that he would have jumped the counter and beat the shit out of him.  Its a sad sad world we live in. Needless to say he wont be back. Doesn't break our hearts any. 

that doesn't solve anything, don't understand why people take verbal insults as a reason for violence, even if it's someone being absolutely outrageous.

believe there is times where people just need to get punched tf out, but I don't think that's one of them

AMD blackout rig

7 hours ago, Orange1 said:

Should be call the cops so the offender can get colored papers handed to them in store/premises.

#FineThem

that's what i've been doing, if you dont put your mask on properly after being asked twice you can leave, I hate wasting police officers time by calling them over stupid shit like that, but I can't forcibly remove a customer.

AMD blackout rig

On 11/11/2020 at 10:21 AM, wkdpaul said:

What human rights violations ????

Inconvenience is oppression, duh.

7 hours ago, Orange1 said:

Texas is getting hit hard, the Senators just dont want to do anything so some will blame the feds for Senators inactions.

As for antimaskers, be afraid some are in government positions and tweeting about it.

#FineThem

Thankfully here in the Austin Metro Area, almost every incorporated area and city/town has a mask ordinance. I've got the signs plastered all over the front door to my office, and so do just about every other business that's been attempting to operate. I also keep the front door locked almost all of the time, we never get anyone but solicitors coming in during normal times, so no loss there.

I've been staying the hell out of stores/restaurants though, I've spent a grand total of about ten minutes inside a building that wasn't my house or office since mid-March. I'm totally cool with a full lockdown, because although I've been sympathetic about people that have work and cannot afford the time off, we're at a point where unless there's an actual essential-workers-only period that's enforced, this is going to keep going until spring when there's a chance a vaccination could be made available to the general public.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

On 11/11/2020 at 7:44 AM, Donut417 said:

Way past the UFO

UFO's and alien abductions are completely different lol.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/politics/pentagon-ufo-videos/index.html

IG, UAP is now preferred.

AMD blackout rig

2 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

that's what i've been doing, if you dont put your mask on properly after being asked twice you can leave, I hate wasting police officers time by calling them over stupid shit like that, but I can't forcibly remove a customer.

Thing is those people that dont want to wear a mask, will throw a hissy fit like a child. Seen plenty of hissy fits on the news, liquor stores are a special kind of funny.

7 hours ago, Letgomyleghoe said:

that doesn't solve anything, don't understand why people take verbal insults as a reason for violence, even if it's someone being absolutely outrageous.

believe there is times where people just need to get punched tf out, but I don't think that's one of them

Customer or no customer you dont have the right to tell someone to fuck off. If a place of business has a mask policy you wear one and dont whine about it. The customer has the option to have his items shipped via UPS, USPS, FedEx and Semi Truck if they are inclined. Orders $99 or more are free shipping. Trust me, its not hard to spend $99 with us. 

Also this customer has to be reminded about a mask every time they pick up their order. Sorry but you know the damn policy. I would argue that this is one of those reasons to beat the crap out of a person.