Purchasing Acer Nitro 5, i5, 1650

I am going to get this laptop 

Flipkart Link

Getting the intel one

Questions about the refresh rate. 

This seems to be the best laptop in my budget. Given the fact that I can't go any higher than this budget wise.

So should I go for it or is there anything else. Let me know. I'm nervous because there is always a better option. 

Use cases:- 

Photoshop and other Adobe Products

CSGO (Can I stream it?)

Other games (even if they don't run, I don't care, CSGO for life)

And whatever you do on your laptop generally. 

I don't think I will be wrong going with it. Let me know. 

Get a second memory stick. Else you'll be getting shafted. The price is not great but not bad either. Just make sure you run dual channel RAM

Just now, 5x5 said:

Get a second memory stick. Else you'll be getting shafted. The price is not great but not bad either. Just make sure you run dual channel RAM

8+8 great 

2 minutes ago, Assassin Ghost said:

8+8 great 

Yes, that way you'll be getting maximum performance

22 minutes ago, Assassin Ghost said:

Photoshop and other Adobe Products

CSGO (Can I stream it?)

Other games (even if they don't run, I don't care, CSGO for life)

And whatever you do on your laptop generally. 

U can do some AAA gaming at medium settings ...

and dw csgo runs on a potato ..

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

30 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Yes, that way you'll be getting maximum performance

Let's talk about i5 now :)

12 minutes ago, Void Master said:

U can do some AAA gaming at medium settings ...

and dw csgo runs on a potato ..

7 minutes ago, Assassin Ghost said:

What about it? It's the same performance for more money. Pretty much pointless. AMD are currently dominating laptops due to Zen's MUCH better power efficiency. That's the reason the 3550H can hold 3.5GHz while the i5 9300H can barely hold 3GHz

1 hour ago, 5x5 said:

What about it? It's the same performance for more money. Pretty much pointless. AMD are currently dominating laptops due to Zen's MUCH better power efficiency. That's the reason the 3550H can hold 3.5GHz while the i5 9300H can barely hold 3GHz

I have a specific use case where I have to run Mac OS Mojave through VMware. I tried running it on AMD Ryzen 5 (probably not this exact one), it just won't work. But with intel chips like the one I have right now, it works like Breeze. I never had any AMD systems and the one I checked Mojave on was not for a long time. I still believe I can get it working (not sure) but the fact that intel chips just work is something I have to take in account. 

Still I will say, I don't know a lot about Mac OSX on AMD but I'm 'quite' familiar with intel. 

Actually I'm nervous and don't want to make a decision in hurry. Intel is costly but if I am not able to run Mojave due to AMD thing it will be a huge problem for me. I just want to be sure. If it fails, I can't go ahead and buy another one, I will have to use it for atleast 2 years. So, I hope you understand my concern. 

1 minute ago, Assassin Ghost said:

I have a specific use case where I have to run Mac OS Mojave through VMware. I tried running it on AMD Ryzen 5 (probably not this exact one), it just won't work. But with intel chips like the one I have right now, it works like Breeze. I never had any AMD systems and the one I checked Mojave on was not for a long time. I still believe I can get it working (not sure) but the fact that intel chips just work is something I have to take in account. 

Still I will say, I don't know a lot about Mac OSX on AMD but I'm 'quite' familiar with intel. 

Actually I'm nervous and don't want to make a decision in hurry. Intel is costly but if I am not able to run Mojave due to AMD thing it will be a huge problem for me. I just want to be sure. If it fails, I can't go ahead and buy another one, I will have to use it for atleast 2 years. So, I hope you understand my concern. 

If you're talking about a hacintosh - nobody can guarantee anything. Some CPUS (both Intel and AMD work) some don't. It's a very big gamble as Apple only provide support for CPUS in their devices. So that means the minimum Intel H-series CPU is the i7 8750H/9750H

7 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

If you're talking about a hacintosh - nobody can guarantee anything. Some CPUS (both Intel and AMD work) some don't. It's a very big gamble as Apple only provide support for CPUS in their devices. So that means the minimum Intel H-series CPU is the i7 8750H/9750H

Dude I'm currently running Mojave on (virtually through VMWARE)

Intel® Core™ i3-5010U Processor

3M Cache, 2.10 GHz

With 8 gigs of ram (4 for Host Windows 10 and 4 for Guest Mojave) :)

This is my old laptop which I will be replacing. But I totally get your point but I will have to do some research. I have been using this for over 3 years now and I have done some wild stuff with it. 

Mountain Lion
Snow Leopard
Yosemite
Sierra
High Sierra
Mojave

Still I will do some research because at the end of the day if I can save some money that will be the best. I will be saving around Rs. 2000 or $26.5

26 minutes ago, Assassin Ghost said:

Dude I'm currently running Mojave on (virtually through VMWARE)

Intel® Core™ i3-5010U Processor

3M Cache, 2.10 GHz

With 8 gigs of ram (4 for Host Windows 10 and 4 for Guest Mojave) :)

This is my old laptop which I will be replacing. But I totally get your point but I will have to do some research. I have been using this for over 3 years now and I have done some wild stuff with it. 

Mountain Lion
Snow Leopard
Yosemite
Sierra
High Sierra
Mojave

Still I will do some research because at the end of the day if I can save some money that will be the best. I will be saving around Rs. 2000 or $26.5

Google around - see if people have run the VM on Ryzen and on Coffee Lake