Pc won’t show Wifi networks

Archerr

When I open the WiFi menu in the bottom right of my screen it says “No WiFi networks found” but all my other devices (laptop, phone and ipad) connect no problem. Also when I turn my mobile hotspot on it shows up and connects. I tried using a ethernet cable and it works fine. For ethernet I use the motherboard lan port and for wifi i use the Tp-link TL-WN881ND pcie network adapter, with the drivers that came in the box. Also I have built my computer myself and the wifi card has worked for over a year.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ on? I have the same wifi card and it only works at 2.4GHZ

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Start by updating drivers. You can download files using another PC/device. Or use wired connection.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, Archerr said:

When I open the WiFi menu in the bottom right of my screen it says “No WiFi networks found” but all my other devices (laptop, phone and ipad) connect no problem. Also when I turn my mobile hotspot on it shows up and connects. I tried using a ethernet cable and it works fine. For ethernet I use the motherboard lan port and for wifi i use the Tp-link TL-WN881ND pcie network adapter, with the drivers that came in the box. Also I have built my computer myself and the wifi card has worked for over a year.

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you recently make any changes on the wireless router?

Thanks for all the reply’s I have managed to fix the problem though my internet hub. I do appreciate all the help tough.

Edit: I thought it was fixed as it worked all day no problem, but was I wrong. I'm going onto my pc now and it doesnt show any connections. I don't know what is happening it works sometimes but not others. Does anyone know why this is happening?

On 5/9/2020 at 7:22 PM, Archerr said:

Thanks for all the reply’s I have managed to fix the problem though my internet hub. I do appreciate all the help tough.

Edit: I thought it was fixed as it worked all day no problem, but was I wrong. I'm going onto my pc now and it doesnt show any connections. I don't know what is happening it works sometimes but not others. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Let’s start all over again by answering the questions previously asked.

• 2 weeks later...

1) my router and is 2.4 and 5ghz my wifi card is on 2.4 ghz and has been working like that for the last 1 and a half years.

2) I downloaded the newest drivers for both my original wifi card (pcie) and the one I bought yesterday (usb).

3) no I have not made any changes on the router physically or in the gateway.

Maybe the network card is failing? Seems to be the only point that you have tried to replace with another wireless card.

I just bought I 10 meter Ethernet cake I will use until this problem gets fixed.Thanks for all the great reply’s.