Looking to overclock my 2600X to 4.0 or 4.2 Ghz

I am running a TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Motherboard

16 gb DDR4 3200 mem

and a Ryzen  5 2600x 

I am new to overclocking and i am looking to overclock to 4.0 or 4.2, anyone know what the safest voltage will be for the overclock. I have been looking online but can't seem to find any specs to do the overclock.

I was thinking of just switching out the CPU and getting a Ryzen 9 3900x but the price is to much at the moment. 

Just now, Dragontoe33 said:

I am running a TUF B450M-PLUS GAMING Motherboard

16 gb DDR4 3200 mem

and a Ryzen  5 2600x 

I am new to overclocking and i am looking to overclock to 4.0 or 4.2, anyone know what the safest voltage will be for the overclock. I have been looking online but can't seem to find any specs to do the overclock.

I was thinking of just switching out the CPU and getting a Ryzen 9 3900x but the price is to much at the moment. 

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

My Ryzen 5 2600 is overclocked to 4.0GHz@ 1.275V,

I guess that for 4GHz you will probably not get anywhere near the max "safe" voltage which i think is around 1.37V-1.4V.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Do i need a better power supply for the attempted overclock what i have is a 650W. 

I highest I was able to get my 2600x, was 4.3GHz @ 1.44 volts or somewhere around there for it to be stable. Way to high for my liking. Even 4.2GHz it needed lots of voltage. So I keep mine at 4GHz at 1.24 volts. Anything above 4GHz, I'm pretty sure they need alot of voltage. This was on a Asus Prime Pro X470.

ryzen 5 2600 (non x) 
4.1Ghz with 1.31v (1.28v under load) and overclocked memory. Cooled by a Dark Rock 4 in a 10 year old case -> ~55°C while gaming. 

I personally set the safe Voltage for the cpu to 1.35V. But staying under 1.4V for long term use is my recommendation.