Cisco Catalyst 3750

Intelxeon

I have a Cisco Catalyst 3750 from ebay. I can't configure the switch thought. 

35 minutes ago, Intelxeon said:

I have a Cisco Catalyst 3750 from ebay. I can't configure the switch thought. 

Google led me to this.

7 minutes ago, Falcon1986 said:

Google led me to this.

tryed that did not work 

You may need to capture what you're seeing, otherwise stating "can't configure the switch" is very ambiguous.

Without knowing what you are seeing... You won't get much help. Please be more descriptive. I configure these types of switches all the time, so I can likely help get you to a basic config, however without knowing what state the switch is in I can't begin to assist. 

What exactly do you mean can't configure it? You'll likely need to bring up serial comms to even figure out what it's doing, a business might have had it wiped, you need to do a TFTP transfer of firmware etc.

16 hours ago, Darren said:

What exactly do you mean can't configure it? You'll likely need to bring up serial comms to even figure out what it's doing, a business might have had it wiped, you need to do a TFTP transfer of firmware etc.

It was from an old server farm mabye mass wiped?

9 hours ago, Intelxeon said:

Depends on the conditions that they got rid of them. If the server farm went out of business they aren't wiped at all.

Regardless you'll need a console cable to configure it to enable remote access and possibly to wipe the config as well.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

20 hours ago, Intelxeon said:

I'd say that's likely.

Can you also clarify what you mean by can't configure it, can you get a login prompt on an IP address and you just find you can't log in?

It's also just as likely they have done nothing with the configuration and it's just configured in a way that's not useful for a home user. I'd follow the password recovery guide here since you'll likely need to deal with that anyway and also get rid of whatever configuration (if any) is left on it, things like turning off the web server isn't uncommon in the business world. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/12040-pswdrec-2900xl.html

If you find that it cannot boot because it has no firmware on it, you'll need to get Solarwinds TFTP server and hold of a current firmware from the switch. Find someone who has a login for cisco.com, do not search the internet randomly for the firmware.