Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noobpcbuilder2020

reconnect cables with Power switch on

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Reconnect , connect or check cable conections ,internal cable connections like 24 pin cable.or others ,with PSU switch on but PC powered off can cause any issue to the computer ? in my case I was only pushing the 24 pin cable to make sure the connection was good , I think was good anyway . the problem was that power switch that was on . the computer was powered off  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, noobpcbuilder2020 said:

Reconnect , connect or check cable conections  with PSU switch on but PC powered off can cause any issue to the computer ? 

So you're asking if it's okay to turn off the computer and unplug/plug in cables? That's fine. You can even plug/unplug cables while the PC is turned on (except for the power cable, of course :P )


"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, noobpcbuilder2020 said:

Reconnect , connect or check cable conections  with PSU switch on but PC powered off can cause any issue to the computer ? 

why not turn PC off, and remove the power cable, then push and hold the Power button to drain the power from the motherboard?

 

you should be fine if the PC is off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, minibois said:

So you're asking if it's okay to turn off the computer and unplug/plug in cables? That's fine. You can even plug/unplug cables while the PC is turned on (except for the power cable, of course :P )

yes but the power switch on the power supply was on. The pc was off yes , I din´t forget to power off the computer XD . 

I ask this because I checked the 24 pin cable conection in this sittuation , I only pushed in the cable anyway  . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, noobpcbuilder2020 said:

yes but the power switch on the power supply was on. The pc was off yes , I din´t forget to power off the computer XD . 

I ask this because I checked the 24 pin cable conection in this sittuation , I only pushed in the cable anyway  . 

Oh the internal cables! I thought you meant like USB, HDMI, etc.

I would always turn off my PSU in those cases, but doing it once and your PC still works means it's fine.


"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

Sorry if my post seemed rude, that is never my intention.

"Why do we suffer a lifetime for a moment of happiness?" - Anonymous

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, minibois said:

Oh the internal cables! I thought you meant like USB, HDMI, etc.

I would always turn off my PSU in those cases, but doing it once and your PC still works means it's fine.

yes still working , I will try to not forget to turn off the PSU next time .  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 hours ago, VioDuskar said:

why not turn PC off, and remove the power cable, then push and hold the Power button to drain the power from the motherboard?

 

you should be fine if the PC is off.

Well because I forget to do that I know that is ideal . 

thank you.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×