Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnnny167

"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration is the error I keep getting

Posted · Original PosterOP

I can no longer connect via ethernet because for some reason my pc can't get a proper IP configuration. I've tried resetting my network settings, reinstalling drivers, and even making sure I get the specific ethernet drivers for my asrock motherboard from the website. I have even disabled fast-boot, I have restarted my PC after every single thing I've listed and none of this stuff seems to fix it. Not even manually changing the IP address fixes it. Any suggestions for stuff I can do?

1 minute ago, Johnnny167 said:

I can no longer connect via ethernet because for some reason my pc can't get a proper IP configuration. I've tried resetting my network settings, reinstalling drivers, and even making sure I get the specific ethernet drivers for my asrock motherboard from the website. I have even disabled fast-boot, I have restarted my PC after every single thing I've listed and none of this stuff seems to fix it. Not even manually changing the IP address fixes it. Any suggestions for stuff I can do?

unless you know IPV4 i wouldn't set it manually (know your gateway and subnet mask?) 
what's it do when set back to DHCP?

30 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

unless you know IPV4 i wouldn't set it manually (know your gateway and subnet mask?) 

I currently have it set to obtain an IP address and DNS automatically

31 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

It's always been set to DHCP

3 hours ago, Johnnny167 said:

Have you tried rebooting the modem and router?

Have you eliminated the possibility it may be a physical issue? For instance something may have happened to the cable or switch-port. If you're able, try a different cable or such. Do you have other Ethernet devices that are unaffected?

On 5/8/2020 at 7:53 PM, Falcon1986 said:

Have you tried rebooting the modem and router?

We have a combo modem/router from our ISP and I've restarted that thing 3 times and I've restarted my PC 6 times after trying many things

22 hours ago, pokerdog said:

Have you eliminated the possibility it may be a physical issue? For instance something may have happened to the cable or switch-port. If you're able, try a different cable or such. Do you have other Ethernet devices that are unaffected?

So I've checked the cable myself and it is completely unscathed there is absolutely no damage on the cable nor is the switch at fault I know this because I connected another PC wired up to the switch and it still connected normally. It's just my PC that won't get an internet connection.