I exceeded my ups voltage and now im worried!

itsjeff

So i have the cyberpower ups been running with a 1200 corsair hxi 1200 watt psu. I didnt realize the ups capacity is only 600watt 1000va. And i had other things plugged to it like printer, vr headset, router. Iv been using it with that system for 3 months. I have an ultrawide monitor was connected to it as well. I have the rtx 2080 ti and i9 9900k. Did i do any kind of damage im truly worried.

You mean wattage.  Not voltage.

So, even if you have a 2000W PSU, it's only going to deliver what's demanded of it.  Just because you have a 1200W power supply, does not mean that's a 1200W load on the UPS.

Secondly, by exceeding the capacity of the UPS, you're simply going to drain the batteries faster and your have less back up time.  You're not going to damage the UPS.

Thirdly, a line-interactive PSU like yours is somewhat passive.  The buck and boost AVR simply decreases and increases the line voltage if it drops or spikes up.  The actual battery back up function of the UPS doesn't do anything until there's an actual power outage.  

unless you were running everything full tilt at once, printing off a document while running Aida64 while playing half life Alyx while getting DDOSed, and you had all of these devices plugged into the battery (because a decent UPS will have both a battery side and a normal surge protector side), then you might have something to consider.

seriously though, take a look at the ports on the back, you will see white ports and black ports. Anything connected to the black ports would not be draining from the battery (If I recall correctly)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

seriously though, take a look at the ports on the back, you will see white ports and black ports. Anything connected to the black ports would not be draining from the battery (If I recall correctly)

this is heavily dependent on the UPS. 

@OP run a test and see how the UPS performs when you unplug it's AC source. If you break anything it's probably only going to be the fuse inside the UPS. 

make sure you have a spare fuse on hand...

does your UPS not show instantaneous wattage draw? check out what monitoring features it might have, even if it's just an LED panel on the front. 

If it has no monitoring tools you should probably get a better one. 

that being said, you're going to probably significantly drain that UPS whenever you actually need it. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

3 minutes ago, VioDuskar said:

this is heavily dependent on the UPS. 

kinda what I had in mind, but since OP said "THE Cyberpower UPS" I was left to guess

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

39 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Cyberpower outlets are all black.  They tend to just group the battery vs. protected outlets, then outline them with a white line.

Just now, jonnyGURU said:

Cyberpower outlets are all black.  They tend to just group the battery vs. protected outlets, then outline them with a white line.

So im good im guessing?

20200508_143901.thumb.jpg.10c8ccf79e1d74460e21b3096d9007a8.jpg

10 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

then outline them with a white line.

That's what I meant, the ones on mine are white boxed, not that the plastic is literally white. Granted, we still do not know the model of OP's unit.

Edited by Fasauceome

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

That's what I meant, the ones on mine are white boxed, not that the plastic is literally white.

So im good i didnt do any damage brother?

1 minute ago, itsjeff said:

So im good i didnt do any damage brother?

I would think not.

Primary PC:

46 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

That's what I meant, the ones on mine are white boxed, not that the plastic is literally white. Granted, we still do not know the model of OP's unit.

Oh.. That's actually NOT what I meant.  LOL!

Every Cyberpower I've ever seen has had all black outlets.  They "outline" the areas with a white line:

CP1000AVRLCD_E.jpg