Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CPotter

LTX 2020 Cancelled.

Posted · Original PosterOP
17 hours ago, CircleTech said:

That's actually a good question since I know the folks who have VIP tickets probably wouldn't want to try and buy them again. @CPotter

For those of you wondering, DEF CON 2020 hasn't been cancelled (yet), but it looks like it might. I was supposed to go there this year so I still have a little hope, but i'm not betting on it.

Glad I didn't book anything yet!

PS: For those of you who don't know, cancelling this event is going to be VERY expensive for LMG considering the credit card refunds they need to proces, the event planners they paid for something that never occured, and the rental contracts they have had to give up. hopefully you guys can ask for one-year extentsions for some of this stuff to save money. If there was ever a time to buy from lttstore.com, it would be now.

We've contacted VIP ticket holders so they'll be all set for the next LTX Expo whenever that is and tickets go live.

17 hours ago, CircleTech said:

Another question for you guys:

Some of us bought the LTX 2020 Merch pack. Will we receive a refund for that? Will we receive our merch pack in the mail (If you are already far enough into production of course)? Can we pick up our 2020 Merch pack at LTX 2021? Many unanswered questions right now.

Merch had not yet entered production so we will simply be refunding all ticket holders and focusing our efforts on the next event. 

10 hours ago, AndrewCam100 said:

That is quite sad, but would it be possible to try to re-create the LTX experience over the internet, such as live streaming something similar?

Not exactly, but stay tuned.

So sad to hear. I understand I'm stuck in the house now for weeks. I was really looking forward to it this year. It's something my son and I enjoyed last year. Still hoping it becomes a yearly thing for us. Here's to 2021.

On 5/7/2020 at 5:11 PM, CPotter said:

Due to concerns around the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we've made the difficult decision to cancel LTX 2020.

We're sorry we weren't able to move forward, and also that we've taken so long to communicate with our community about it. The truth is, we've kept all our deposits and bookings in place because we've been hoping that some kind of miracle would take place that would allow us to move forward. It probably wasn't realistic, but after how much fun we had last year, we didn't want to let everyone down.

At this point, all we can do is make sure that if you purchased a ticket for LTX 2020 you’ll receive a full refund. If you have purchased a ticket for LTX expect to receive a refund confirmation email within the next few weeks, you will automatically be provided with a full refund on the card that was used for your purchase. 

To be clear, though, this is not the end. We will be doing everything in our power to bring back LTX for 2021 and we are already working on event dates.

We also still want to do something this year, to make it up to you (and ourselves). We just need a bit more time before we can announce anything, so make sure you're keeping an eye on the LTX blog.

Again, we're sorry. We hope to see you next year instead

@CPotter Can you just keep my refund? I would like to donate it to help offset what you all will lose. I understand why LTX is being cancelled. It still sucks, since we have been looking forward to it since last year was so amazing. I want to do something to help. I know 2021 will be amazing.  I know this has been such a stressfully decision and I understand why you all waited so long. We all held out hope that this would all go away and we would all get to celebrate together. ❤️

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard Asus Tuf B450 Gaming Motherboard RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass

Storage: Samsung - 970 EVO 500 GB M.2 NVMe SSD PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2xASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor

Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI

Sound: Corsair VOID RGB ELITE 7.1 Channel Headset Operating System: Linux, Windows 10 PCPartPicker URL: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3bZNZfhttps://pcpartpicker.com/list/3bZNZf

On 5/7/2020 at 11:26 PM, CircleTech said:

You've probably never been to LTX before. The enviornment of being in a giant room with thousands of other people who are in love with your weird hobby can never be replaced with an internet livestream. If you ever do decide to go, you will know what i'm talking about.

Here's to hoping for an LTX 2021, and a vaccine for the virus by then.

This is so true.  I went to a Computex show in Vancouver in the late 90's (the only show I have ever been to) and it was amazing.  We had to wait a month and a half for the sweet AMD polo shirts though, because the first batch wasn't allowed into Canada because of import restrictions on the country of origin.

I think it would be awesome to go to LTX.  I didn't know it was a thing until the last few months, so next year is my hope.

Super bummed. I saw some stuff from last year's LTX and decided I sure as hell wanted to go this year. So of course, we got it all planned and COVID comes by and says "Not today"

@CPotter How about a digital LTX? Maybe like a 24hr stream so we can all spend the day with the LMG gang? 

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

13 hours ago, Derpanieux said:

After hearing about LTX 2020 being cancelled I went looking at LTX 2019 videos floating around the internet, and I found this interesting quote from Linus. Any potential of a follow through?

I'm fairly certain he'd be off the hook for that one considering the circumstances surrounding the cancellation of this years event due to local regulations.

On 5/10/2020 at 3:34 PM, nbrowser said:

I'm fairly certain he'd be off the hook for that one considering the circumstances surrounding the cancellation of this years event due to local regulations.

who says it has to be a hoodie made from fabric, maybe a stealth hoodie shaped cake is in order

On 5/9/2020 at 8:45 AM, Elektra57 said:

@CPotter Can you just keep my refund? I would like to donate it to help offset what you all will lose. I understand why LTX is being cancelled. It still sucks, since we have been looking forward to it since last year was so amazing. I want to do something to help. I know 2021 will be amazing.  I know this has been such a stressfully decision and I understand why you all waited so long. We all held out hope that this would all go away and we would all get to celebrate together. ❤️

@Elektra57 We appreciate the sentiment, but due to the cancellation process everyone is going to receive a refund for any tickets/add-ons purchased for LTX 2020. Given the current circumstances we felt that it would be best if we go in this direction for refunds and start clean for next year.

On 5/9/2020 at 4:29 PM, Ezzy-525 said:

@CPotter How about a digital LTX? Maybe like a 24hr stream so we can all spend the day with the LMG gang? 

@Ezzy-525 We don't have anything we can share just yet, but as mentioned in the cancellation message we do want to do something this year. However, we can't make any promises just yet given the current situation.

Of course I'm sad about the cancellation, as this would have been my first LTX. I'm glad this decision was made now. Excited for 2021! 

And the refunds have started....sad to see this happen but alas....thanks to local BC regulations it has to be done. @CPotter and the rest of LMG...let's make LTX2021 an epic  event to make up for this year!

On 5/7/2020 at 7:19 PM, Night Sky said:

This sucks, both because the event is off and because of hundreds of dollars in travel plans that aren't cash refundable.  

If you were looking to fly in, contact your airline, they should give you cash or a future travel credit. Contact any hotels you were planning to stay at (if any), they will give you your options. Any other organization that you had for travel should be contacted.
Please take my advice with a kinda big grain of salt, I work with people on the inside, yet I do not know everything about travel, this is a weird time and the customs are broken and we are trying. 

Linus dropped the server that had my signature on it

Im curious, did anyone plan to go from the UK? from Wales in particular

Im seriously thinking of going to next years LTX. Just started to save some money up to fund the trip.

On 5/7/2020 at 11:26 PM, CircleTech said:

You've probably never been to LTX before. The enviornment of being in a giant room with thousands of other people who are in love with your weird hobby can never be replaced with an internet livestream. If you ever do decide to go, you will know what i'm talking about.

Here's to hoping for an LTX 2021, and a vaccine for the virus by then.

Ohh the weebs and literal neckbeards, hahaha.

I knew these people existed but never in the quantity I saw at LTX. 

It's like Social justice warriors... you don't realize how many exist until you go to Google or Facebook or AirBnB for some conference. 

R9 3900x; 64GB RAM | RTX 2080 | 1.5TB Optane P4800x

1TB ADATA XPG Pro 8200 SSD | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD
HD800 + SCHIIT VALI | Topre Realforce Keyboard

On 5/7/2020 at 10:11 PM, CPotter said:

Due to concerns around the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we've made the difficult decision to cancel LTX 2020.

We're sorry we weren't able to move forward, and also that we've taken so long to communicate with our community about it. The truth is, we've kept all our deposits and bookings in place because we've been hoping that some kind of miracle would take place that would allow us to move forward. It probably wasn't realistic, but after how much fun we had last year, we didn't want to let everyone down.

At this point, all we can do is make sure that if you purchased a ticket for LTX 2020 you’ll receive a full refund. If you have purchased a ticket for LTX expect to receive a refund confirmation email within the next few weeks, you will automatically be provided with a full refund on the card that was used for your purchase. 

To be clear, though, this is not the end. We will be doing everything in our power to bring back LTX for 2021 and we are already working on event dates.

We also still want to do something this year, to make it up to you (and ourselves). We just need a bit more time before we can announce anything, so make sure you're keeping an eye on the LTX blog.

Again, we're sorry. We hope to see you next year instead.

Colton please bring this up to linus. He should keep his promise.