Did u enjoy Mass Effect 3?

So I see many state that Mass Effect is one of the must play games. Usually it turns out gud when I buy a game that many people recommend. Witcher 3 and Life is strange are 2 examples that immediately comes to mind as I got them solely because thousands of people recommended it and I loved them. So few months back I got Mass Effect 3 because of its highly positive reviews. some even said its the best game they ever played and now I gave it a try. Played it for a couple of hours and....... I found it to be very boring. I should state that I have not played the previous mass effect games and I wonder if this has something to do with this. However from what I played so far, it didnt feel like a direct continuation. Maybe there are characters and stuff from the previous games, not very sure. Anyway the story soo far felt soo predictable as the typical alien invasion stuff u see in other games and movies happened. The dialogs and the gameplay was meh so far. IDK if things improve as I progress further, however one of my friends who also got the game and played it a bit further than me also said it was a very boring and he completely stopped. Im also wondering if i should keep playing further as Im not feeling even to launch the game at this point. Or should I go back to the first games and come back. How did u feel about this game?

You'd really be better off playing the other games in the series first. It's a story, so you're kind of missing 2/3 of it.

It also just might not be your game. It happens.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

if you don't want to play the first two games, at least spend a couple of hours on youtube with one of those videos that explains the plot of the first two games.

As a trilogy, Mass Effect needs to be played from beginning to end. If you skip to the end, all you see are a lot of storylines concluding that you didn't really built up a connection to so there's little to no emotional impact when there should have been one.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 also carried over certain key decisions that you made from the previous game (if you still had the game save file) and that made the game feel "alive" where your decisions throughout the series actually mattered. Granted the story doesn't change from these decisions, but they're enough to make you feel like you had some influence on it. Starting from the last game in the series completely eliminates this factor and the game ends up feeling like it ended before it started. You never get the satisfaction of seeing the end result of all the decisions you've made, and only see the results of decisions that you (the player) never made.

I also highly recommending watching playthroughs, Lets Plays, or at least the cutscenes from the previous games in order to get a better idea of what happened in the story.

Personally I did really enjoy the Mass Effect series (1 to 3). What kept me going was wanting to know what happens in the next game, my emotional investment in the characters, and wanting to know how the story would end.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S | MB: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout | SSD1: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | SSD2: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | HDD1: Seagate Barracuda 2TB | HDD2: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Monitors: Dell S2716DG + Asus MX259H  | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 (Cherry MX Brown) | PSU: Corsair RMx 850W